AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to Directv last night about a problem I was having with channel 509.(lose connection on my part) The service tech said that HBOHD is on Sat 101 on transponder 24 and that sometime this month it will be moved back to 119.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why does this matter? Seriously, I know next to nothing about the various satellites, their transponders, benefits of either and such...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It matters for the people who have one 18" dish and are receiving HBOHD pointed at the 101 Sat. They will lose the feed. Also for the people who were using one dish pointed at Sat 119 who lost there feed when the channel moved to 101. They should get their feed back. There is also speculation that there maybe a bundle of HD channels showing up on Sat 119.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, Meany....a little more clarification if you please.

I just had a the new oval dish installed with the three LNB gizmos and get HD on DirecTV with the new Zenith 520 box. Should I be concerned, or will this be transparent to me?

Thks,

Dan

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should have no concern. You have a "Complete" dish set up. This is only a heads up for the people with single dishes pointed at the individual Sats.

·
Registered
771 Posts
...or people like me who can't for the life of me pick up Sat 119 with an oval *or* a separate round dish - I now have a time limit! Argh!!

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I have the same problem as Dreamwriter. I will just switch to Showtime

when HBO moves. I was hoping there would be more HD channels moving

to the 110 position instead of the 119.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Will PQ on other channels improve as a result of HBO-HD being moved back to 119?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I'm screwed. My "professional" installer couldn't hit the 119 sat back in March. He said a small leafless branch (2" in diameter) was preventing him from picking up the signal. He never even got a blip.

I ordered HBO when HD moved to 101. The tree is down now and I have 6" of snow on my roof with a 60 degree pitch. I wouldn't even send that boob back up on the roof now. Hopefully they keep it on 101 until at least the Sopranos finale Sunday.

needed to vent....

Ralph

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well December has come and gone and HBO-HD is still on the 101 bird. Anyone have new information on when this might be moving?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.