AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my silver H20-600 to the black H21. This was done by the recall. Now the problem is, I am not getting my HD stations. They changed the receiver and a new card. I spoke with directv and they said it may take 24hrs for the chanels to kick in. Its been 12 hrs now and no HD. My local chanels are not showing up either. They said I would have to pay a $49.99 service charge for someone to look at it.

My response was, why should i be responsible for something thats not my fault? It was a recall on your receiver. Does that make sense?

Sorry about my rant, but does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /forum/post/15437979

I just replaced my silver H20-600 to the black H21. This was done by the recall. Now the problem is, I am not getting my HD stations. They changed the receiver and a new card. I spoke with directv and they said it may take 24hrs for the chanels to kick in. Its been 12 hrs now and no HD. My local chanels are not showing up either. They said I would have to pay a $49.99 service charge for someone to look at it.

My response was, why should i be responsible for something thats not my fault? It was a recall on your receiver. Does that make sense?

Did you use Over The Air (antenna) on the H20? If so, the H21 has been stripped of the OTA tuner. Call D* and ask for an AM-21 OTA add on box to be sent to you at no charge.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 /forum/post/15437979

just call them back and ask for your programming/authorizations to be refreshed on that specific receiver. Should take a few minutes for that to take effect.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbrit /forum/post/15438345

just call them back and ask for your programming/authorizations to be refreshed on that specific receiver. Should take a few minutes for that to take effect.

You can also refresh programming faster, online, HERE .

·
Registered
7,918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arxaw /forum/post/15438247

Did you use Over The Air (antenna) on the H20? If so, the H21 has been stripped of the OTA tuner. Call D* and ask for an AM-21 OTA add on box to be sent to you at no charge.

The AM21 doesn't work with the H21.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.