AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a way to get a tuner card or some other device that will allow you to view HDTV signals broadcast on DirecTV using a PC. I know there are several cards that allow viewing over the air HDTV signals, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it with DirectTV.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Probably not what you wanted to hear, but if you just want the image on the computer monitor you can do that. If you want the image in a window or recordable it's not possible at the moment.

One can hope they will build an SDI card that handles HDTV and a mod for the Satellite recievers...this would be ideal.

EAS

·
Banned
3,772 Posts
Just to be complete - you could put the

HD receiver in "NTSC output" mode and

run an SVIDEO cable from the receiver to

a capture card on the PC.

Using dScaler software on the PC the image

would be pretty good (for NTSC), but still

not full HDTV resolution.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Bryan,

I believe those are the specs for the modulation scheme that the Zenith can decode. I don't believe this set-top has 8-VSB output, and if memory serves me, I think that this box can output either Y-Pb-Pr or RGB. Signals that are already decoded cannot be fed to any PC based HDTV decoder cards.

Kei Clark

Digital Connection

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The specs are kind of vague on their web site and they don't have the manual on-line. Here is all it says about it:

1 ATSC Tuner Receives 18 Formats and Can Up-Convert/Down-Convert to 1080i, 720p, 480i/p, 8-VSB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I understand that they all convert from 8-VSB but this sentence implies that it can put the signal back out in 8-VSB which is what I am looking for. It is kind, vague though so I was hoping somebody had more information about this unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.