AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just hit the DirecTV WEB site, and even their CSRs didn't know about ti - it appears to expand the locations that will get the CBS feeds for the Superbowl to those customers who have the DirecTV HDTV package...maybe I'm reading this wrong - I hope not. The Atlanta CBS station is NOT O&O.

CBS HDTV???

·
Registered
371 Posts
Who would scream the loudest, the local networks who just lied to their advertiesers that they were exclusively broadcasting the Superbowl in their area, or the D* customers who thought they were going to watch the Superbowl.

It would be a really brassy move for CBS corp to open the HDTV feed of the Superbowl to everybody, just to tick off all the cheap owners who do not provide HDTV.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
maybe I'm reading this wrong
Paragraph 1 defines the eligible customer:
it will begin offering CBS high-definition television (HDTV) programming to its eligible customers on Friday, Jan. 30, in 17 markets where CBS owns and operates stations and nationwide for subscribers to CBS distant network signals.

Paragraph 2 explains that the eligible customer must have the appropriate equipment:
Eligible customers who have the appropriate HD receiving equipment

And they must subscribe to the correct programming package:
and subscribe to DIRECTV programming packages that include local channels, or the DIRECTV HD package, or receive CBS distant network signals,

-Robert

·
Registered
501 Posts
I hadn't read this press release until now. I noticed last night when scrolling through my HD programming channels that new channels for CBS had been added at 80. I came here this morning to validate what I was seeing.

Though I do have an OTA antenna and receive CBS out of NYC, it will be nice to know that the signal will hopefully be more reliable than OTA. We will see as I will flip back and forth between the two to test quality.

Thanks for the heads up on this press release.

David

·
Registered
501 Posts
No, of course this wasn't done just for the Superbowl. They chose this event for timing reasons but otherwise we'll see all the broadcasters over Sat soon enough.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
Silly question, I sure hope CBS continues broadcasting. This wasn't done JUST for the Superbowl right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.