AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
16881 - 16900 of 16937 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Wow, what a terrible experience. No LNB power supply, he disconnected it and never reconnected it. I don't know if that's the problem, but I imagine it can't help the issue.

Thanks for the help.
There is no external power supply with the HR54.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Well, my install was cancelled today. They called last night to confirm my install today. This morning some lady calls and asks if I have all the equipment for my install. Huh? I ask if they usually ship the equipment to the customer. She tells me they do. She then tells me I'll have to reschedule when I get all the equipment. Several calls to Directv and I have no idea what happened. Direct did tell me they never ship the equipment to the customer on a new install. I placed the order through Costco by phone over 2 weeks ago. And I took the day off work for this. Very disappointed.:(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Well, my install was cancelled today. They called last night to confirm my install today. This morning some lady calls and asks if I have all the equipment for my install. Huh? I ask if they usually ship the equipment to the customer. She tells me they do. She then tells me I'll have to reschedule when I get all the equipment. Several calls to Directv and I have no idea what happened. Direct did tell me they never ship the equipment to the customer on a new install. I placed the order through Costco by phone over 2 weeks ago. And I took the day off work for this. Very disappointed.:(
call costco

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
call costco
I did, but after you've placed your order you just get routed into Directv's customer relations system.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
aaaaah, is directv actually doing the install or a 3rd party?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
aaaaah, is directv actually doing the install or a 3rd party?
Sounds like 3rd party, although I'm not sure Directv even has their own installers in quite a few areas. Even the vans driving around my town that have Directv all over them are third party installation companies I've found out.

·
Super Moderator
21,324 Posts
it is really troubling to me that you cannot get a coherent response from D* in regard to the DLNB[Reverse BAND] issue...or really any issue ...

I doubt D* is going to call me on their own to schedule the upgrade: and calling them...that does not work

really the only path that works is to call to cancel your service: then they will give you what you want....but you should not have to do that

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Found out when you order through Costco or any other company instead of directly from Directv, you're are dealing with a third party company for both sales and installation. In Costco's case they use some company in Florida named Davis Technology to take your order. Then Davis Tech uses yet another third party company in your local area for the installation. What a pooch screw.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Found out when you order through Costco or any other company instead of directly from Directv, you're are dealing with a third party company for both sales and installation. In Costco's case they use some company in Florida named Davis Technology to take your order. Then Davis Tech uses yet another third party company in your local area for the installation. What a pooch screw.
sounds like it may be painful
all my orders go through directv/dish direct

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
sounds like it may be painful
all my orders go through directv/dish direct
I'm thinking about cancelling my Costco order and going direct to Directv. So much for the $300 Costco gift card.:(

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
keep going, $300 is your good salary for 6 hrs pestering the installers
With the amount of phone calls and my time the $300 is going to amount to less than minimum wage.:p

It's such a screwy deal. Costco has a contract with Davis Technologies in Florida. They answer the calls and take the orders. They say they are from Directv/Costco. (Horse crap!)Their customer service department contacts some communication company in SoCal. The communication Company in Socal has a contract with some install company where I live in Central California it appears. Not a single person in this tangled chain actually works for Directv or Costco. If I order from Directv, will I ultimately get the same freelance installer in my town anyway? The one call I received yesterday morning asking if I had all the equipment for the install, and then cancelled when I didn't has a phone number registered to MCImetro Access Transmission Services. When I call that number back I get a message saying the number has been disconnected or is no longer in service. I called the number of the person that contacted me Sunday late afternoon to confirm my install. That number is a 602 are code which is Phoenix Arizona. Phone ID says Darin McOwen, but it was a girl that called. I left a message asking them who the heck they are just now. At this point my wife doesn't think it's safe to have any of these people in our house. I'm starting to think she's not too far off. Costco is going to get a nastygram either way.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
if you didn't pay yet, you have a choice to hold appeared installer before checking his credentials (call PD just in case too) and send him to anywhere you like :)
yeah, ask him if he has all necessary equipment: HR54, RB DLNB, C61K, RG-6 cables, compression F-connectors, AIM device, etc

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
if you didn't pay yet, you have a choice to hold appeared installer before checking his credentials (call PD just in case too) and send him to anywhere you like :)
yeah, ask him if he has all necessary equipment: HR54, RB DLNB, C61K, RG-6 cables, compression F-connectors, AIM device, etc
The order shows up on Directv's website under my account listing the proper equipment. They did require me to pay upfront for the wireless and the 5th genie plus tax, but I'm sure I can cancel through Directv and get a refund. I already did that once because the Packages got better the next day after I placed the original order.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
we are patiently monitoring your case here :D
I sent an email to Costco Customer Relations about the whole mess. They forwarded my concerns to Management. Waiting for their reply now.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I ordered through Costco a couple of months ago and the installer brought all of the equipment with him when he came.

16881 - 16900 of 16937 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.