AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finding difficulty copying content from my DirecTV HR21-700 to a Sony DVDirect VRD-MC6 burner.

Maybe it just can't be done, maybe my settings or cables are incorrect, maybe I am just so non-technical I can't figure it out.

I searched on the terms on the boards but did not find anything related that could answer my query.

Any help is much appreciated in advance.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
Could you please give us more information? How are they connected, how exactly did you expect this to work? What results are you getting?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry ... I guess I neglected that info. not sure if this is enough?

Here are the steps I took:

Connected a R/W/Y RCA cable from Audio and Video outs in the back of the HR21-700 to the Audio/Video conections on the side of the Sony DVDirect.

Inserted DVD and formatted it as per Sony instructions

Cued up a show I had already recorded on DVR.

I hit play on the DVR and can see the show playing on the preview screen

I then hit the record button on the DVR at the point a few seconds before I want to start recording the show and the message "No Input Signal" comes up on the screen.

Hopefully you have some ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
You will want to monitor the Sonys output to know what it's seeing. My guess is that if you have HDMI hooked on your HR21-700 that may disable the analog outputs, this is only a guess.

Again the Sony should have a output(or maybe a built in small LCD screen?) and you'll want to hook that to your TV to see exactly what the Sony is getting.

Unhooking your HR21s HDMI output may restore output to it's R/W/Y outputs if this is the issue.

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/20868337

You will want to monitor the Sonys output to know what it's seeing. My guess is that if you have HDMI hooked on your HR21-700 that may disable the analog outputs, this is only a guess.

Again the Sony should have a output(or maybe a built in small LCD screen?) and you'll want to hook that to your TV to see exactly what the Sony is getting.

Unhooking your HR21s HDMI output may restore output to it's R/W/Y outputs if this is the issue.

The HDMI connection will NOT disable the analog outputs on an HR21-700. I know, I have three of them, each with every output connected to something, and they are all active, all the time.

With that said, I fully agree, you need to monitor the output of your Sony to reall see what's what, and what it is, and is not, seeing. Monitoring the Sony is the only way to diagnose this problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.