AVS Forum banner

6141 - 6160 of 6385 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
....and obviously a terrible customer experience to have these channels that don't always work.

that right there is one of the reasons why i left.

ever since at&t bought them out, they have been hemoraging customers.

while expensive, i rather liked DTV....but i am glad i have switched to streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
503 Posts
That's what it was. That game was simply blacked out for your subscription package. Check out the "4K Live Sports & Events Schedule" up in the "Sticky" section of the Programming Forum. It's constantly kept updated and usually defines which games will be available generally and which ones will be exclusive to certain subscription packages.
Great tip! So if you look at the sticky it says this:

NOTE: Games broadcast by an RSN (Regional Sports Network) may be subject to local Blackout rules. If you do not live in the local DMA (Designated Market Area) of the team, an Out of market sports subscription (NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings) may be required to view these games (out of market).

Then if you look at the schedule, the bucks game two days ago was on NBA while the game last night was on a RSN. I'm not in the local market for that RSN, nor do I have NBA League pass, hence the blackout.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,886 Posts

NOTE: Games broadcast by an RSN (Regional Sports Network) may be subject to local Blackout rules. If you do not live in the local DMA (Designated Market Area) of the team, an Out of market sports subscription (NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, MLB Extra Innings) may be required to view these games (out of market).

Then if you look at the schedule, the bucks game two days ago was on NBA while the game last night was on a RSN. I'm not in the local market for that RSN, nor do I have NBA League pass, hence the blackout.
Yeah, that's why I rely on DTV757, jpr281, Doc and others who keep that thread updated. They're doing God's work. :p

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,145
I would make a video and send it to NAD and DTV...
sad truth is directv has no way to receive a video, and they usually dont care

Reactions: joe221

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
sad truth is directv has no way to receive a video, and they usually dont care
Post the video to YouTube and enclose a link to it in the communications.

Reactions: P Smith

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,148
Post the video to YouTube and enclose a link to it in the communications.

there is no official email for support with directv
heck, there is no email that i know of
directv barely even checks thier own forums

you have phone or chat for support

·
Registered
1,991 Posts

Thanks ,

I try to keep the chart updated and accurate as possible .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
there is no official email for support with directv
heck, there is no email that i know of
directv barely even checks thier own forums

you have phone or chat for support
I hadn’t realized it got that bad. I do tend to call them, though. I’ve not been disappointed, yet.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,153
I hadn’t realized it got that bad. I do tend to call them, though. I’ve not been disappointed, yet.

its the same as it was before the purchase. nothing has really changed

·
Registered
582 Posts
You’re new here so you might have missed my sarcasm. Anytime someone asks a question, that’s Psmith’s typical response telling people to search the forum or to google it.

ah. yes. i would not have gotten that sarcasm.

my apologies sir i meant no disrespect.

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
You’re new here so you might have missed my sarcasm. Anytime someone asks a question, that’s Psmith’s typical response telling people to search the forum or to google it.
So, when I lost my hope in detective capabilities and curiosity and learning new tricks by our members and fall into oblivion, you decide it's right moment to pickup such good advise and pass it to newbies ?! Clever man! :D I'm applaud to you :p

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
used to be you could post here and get some help: not so much anymore....
suddenly, a lot of answers repeating again and again at forums …
but people usually posting anything what is in their minds without looking around … forcing repeat us same things ...

·
Super Moderator
21,315 Posts
but people usually posting anything what is in their minds without looking around … forcing repeat us same things ...
sorry but I don't buy that: new members come here for help and answers, not to be told to search somewhere else because you are tired of answering the same questions: if you have nothing to add except to tell them to look elsewhere....well that is not what AVS is all about

we were all new members here at some time, and we come here for help: we should get help

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
that's what I humbling … do answer to questions if I know the answers and no more recommend to use Search feature (what is it ? why it's here? who need it ? hell with it !) … just keep my mouse sleep, ummm fingers from posting :)

·
Registered
582 Posts

i tried to google how to deal with repitive questions on a forum, but was unable to find any worth while answer to that problem.

good luck. hope you are able to figure out a fix

6141 - 6160 of 6385 Posts