AVS Forum banner

6161 - 6180 of 6385 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
i tried to google how to deal with repitive questions on a forum, but was unable to find any worth while answer to that problem.

good luck. hope you are able to figure out a fix
I would add to the forum's SW a feature: scan each post with question(s), filter out keywords, do auto search in the same thread and auto generate second post with 10 links (URLs) !

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would add to the forum's SW a feature: scan each post with question(s), filter out keywords, do auto search in the same thread and auto generate second post with 10 links (URLs) !

being a new account (not that i am new to these forums), in defense to newbie questions...(speaking from Experience) the search function doesnt exactly narrow down search results too well. the last search yielded more than 50 threads for me to look through. some with 4k pages to read through to find the keyword i searched for.

that’s not exactly an efficiant way to answer a quick question without asking a question that has been asked before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
used to be you could post here and get some help: not so much anymore....
100 percent agree! I've been saying this for months here. I think we all know there is one specific member that ALWAYS attacks and insults people when they only seek help. I'm not the only one that's mentioned issues with this particular member. I honestly don't know how he's still allowed to participate in this thread.

I respect all the mods here and the difficult job they do. I just hope one of them will take a hard look at one such member here.

With that said, there are still some great members here in this thread and forum that truly want to help. Sucks one or two can ruin it for all of us.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
being a new account (not that i am new to these forums), in defense to newbie questions...(speaking from Experience) the search function doesnt exactly narrow down search results too well. the last search yielded more than 50 threads for me to look through. some with 4k pages to read through to find the keyword i searched for.

that’s not exactly an efficiant way to answer a quick question without asking a question that has been asked before.

The search feature here isn't the best. I've found that out myself as well. If you have a question, ask. As Mark mentioned, if someone doesn't like a question being asked, nobody is forcing them to respond. Feel free to ask away!

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
there is no official email for support with directv
heck, there is no email that i know of
directv barely even checks thier own forums

you have phone or chat for support
I usually contact them through a Twitter private message. I have gotten a lot done that way. I want to say it's the ATTCares user name.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Absolutely. I think the other effect the bickering has is to deter some long term members, like myself, to frequent these threads much less often than we used to.

you could always use PM to give help to those who need it rather than posting in the discussion. those who need help will welcome help however if arrives.

please dont sacrifice the new people because of a few bad apples.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I had an unusual issue tonight that I've not seen here nor in my 3.5 years subscribing. There were no power disturbances in the home. TV and receiver are on the same power strip.

Watching and recording a show, the blue and red LEDs began blinking. Then the receiver appeared to shut off and the TV reported no HDMI signal. Then, I got a message that the receiver was restarting. About 10 minutes and several different HR54 generated messages later, it said rebuilding something and the programming restarted.

What caused this> Was it something on my end?

Thanks!

George

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had an unusual issue tonight that I've not seen here nor in my 3.5 years subscribing. There were no power disturbances in the home. TV and receiver are on the same power strip.

Watching and recording a show, the blue and red LEDs began blinking. Then the receiver appeared to shut off and the TV reported no HDMI signal. Then, I got a message that the receiver was restarting. About 10 minutes and several different HR54 generated messages later, it said rebuilding something and the programming restarted.

Thanks!

George
Think it may have been a DTV error of somesort. I have an older HR44 from the past 5 years or so that has worked great since day one. 2 days ago, the video would freeze after about 10 seconds of watching a channel. I could change the channel, it would play for another 10 and freeze. Never had this issue, so power cycled the box. When it booted up, it gave me something like.. "there are no rooms left authorized on your account, please delete room to continue. I just left it on that screen, and about 5 minutes later i had picture working again. Strange i know.. but working fine now...

·
Banned
26,895 Posts
Here's a strange one. I have a C61K 4K box. Whenever I rewind through the buffer on a "live" show (has to go back a ways, maybe 30 minutes or more), my receiver (Denon X3600H) stops getting audio from the STB. I have to turn the Denon off, then back on again to get the sound back. No problem with the video.

Anyone ever seen anything like that?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

Thanks!

George
Mine rebooted too. Similar if not a little earlier. I was watching Chris Hayes and around 5:50 poof.
I’ve had stability issues and freezing since it came back.

Edit to include HR54.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts

Thanks!

George
My HS17 did the same thing I think. Before I could reset it, it came back on-line.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Mine rebooted too. Similar if not a little earlier. I was watching Chris Hayes and around 5:50 poof.

I’ve had stability issues and freezing since it came back.
Same thing with mine. Flashed both lights on the HS17 red. Rebooted on its own and was fine. I thought it was due to the massive rain storm here but I saw a headline on Google that DTV was having issues.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,178

Thanks!

George

happened here too last night with my hr34

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
Apparently, a few things happened last night. I went to view my recordings around 8:30, and the only thing I saw was the little box showing the current channel. The rest was completely blank, and regardless of what function I entered into the remote, nothing happened. My HR-54 suffers from Alzheimer's, so it can sometimes take a minute or two to decide what to do, so I waited. And waited. I waited 5 minutes and it remained stuck so I had to unplug it. No problems for the rest of the night. I went to my recording this morning and it was slow to pull everything up (I thought, here we go again), but it finally worked. Seems to be okay as of now.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6,180
just checked the sirectv forums, there are reports of it there also
receivers i have seen comments on are hr34, hr44,hr54, and hs17

6161 - 6180 of 6385 Posts