AVS Forum banner

6441 - 6460 of 6465 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
My Samsung Q90R, my Denon AVR3500H, and my Direct TV wireless mini was working fine. Now the Direct TV signal will not produce Audio / Video on my tv unless I bypass the Denon AVR. I have tried swapping out HDMI cables, tried a different HDMI port on the Denon, Direct TV has changed out the Genie Mini, and nothing has worked. My Blu ray player does work through the Denon to the TV.

Any ideas on what to do?

·
Super Moderator
18,206 Posts
^^ Moving you to the DirecTV Master Thread. Might want to list the model number of the mini.

FWIW, the Receivers section is littered with dozens of posts of Denon AVRs not handshaking with cable/DSS boxes.

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Just a quick response to trek737 above, my Denon X3600H loses the audio handshake all the time with my DTV STB (C61K). A quick change of input to one of the others and then back to the cable/sat input always restores it.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
My Samsung Q90R, my Denon AVR3500H, and my Direct TV wireless mini was working fine. Now the Direct TV signal will not produce Audio / Video on my tv unless I bypass the Denon AVR. I have tried swapping out HDMI cables, tried a different HDMI port on the Denon, Direct TV has changed out the Genie Mini, and nothing has worked. My Blu ray player does work through the Denon to the TV.

Any ideas on what to do?
Sorry to hear about your problem - I have a Denon 6200/Sony 930e and C61/HR54 combo & don't experience any of the issues you mention - only suggestion I have is to unplug the mini and see if anything changes after the restart, and/or refresh all of your other DirecTV devices - also check to see if there have been any recent changes (or new updates are available) to the firmware on the Sammy or the Denon - good luck - let us know if you're able to get things cleared up!

Reactions: trek737

·
Registered
509 Posts
^^ Moving you to the DirecTV Master Thread. Might want to list the model number of the mini.

FWIW, the Receivers section is littered with dozens of posts of Denon AVRs not handshaking with cable/DSS boxes.
Thank you...

Reactions: DrDon

·
Registered
509 Posts
it would be good to know models of your server and a mini
My Direct TV tower is Model HS17-500 and the Genie Mini is C61W-400.

I posted this as well in the Receiver Forum, that after doing some research on the internet I came across a post on Redick that blamed the bad handshake on HDCP. He suggested that one use a HDMI splitter saying the HDCP protective code will go into the splitter but will not come out. And sure enough he was correct. My Denon now receives the signal from Direct TV and the Audio and Video work as it should. But last night we did an Apple stream program and we only had sound from the Samsung speaker. I will have to figure out why that is....

·
Registered
27,684 Posts
Anyone getting loss of sound? Happens several times a day. I'm using an HR44 and a client. Sound loss happens with both.
Sometimes it's just an HDMI handshake issue. Happens to me too, like after a long rewind back through the buffer, but I just switch to a different input on the AVR and back and that always fixes it. Before I figured that out I was turning the whole receiver off & back on.

·
Super Moderator
18,206 Posts
Channel up channel down fixes a lot of things on my older receiver, especially frame drops.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Mine happens on live stuff. Sometimes I can back the program up and the sound works for the part there originally wasn't sound. Sometimes that doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
Is there a way to sort my recordings into like for like groupings? For instance, by team, by sport, by type, etc.? I have about ten concerts I would put into one grouping or folder so to speak. It would be a nice feature if it isn’t there already.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I hope this post is in the right thread. Yesterday, I tried watching the Rams/Seahawks game on the DirecTV 4k channel and the picture didn't look very good. I have a 4 year old Sony 4k TV (XBR-75X940D) and the DirecTV 4k channel automatically has the TV change to HDR (not sure which version but definitely not Dolby Vision). My question to anyone with a HDR TV is whether the picture looked good to you if you happened to watch the game.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I hope this post is in the right thread. Yesterday, I tried watching the Rams/Seahawks game on the DirecTV 4k channel and the picture didn't look very good. I have a 4 year old Sony 4k TV (XBR-75X940D) and the DirecTV 4k channel automatically has the TV change to HDR (not sure which version but definitely not Dolby Vision). My question to anyone with a HDR TV is whether the picture looked good to you if you happened to watch the game.
Looked great to me watching on Directv on my Sony 930e. My guess to why it didn’t look good on your set is that maybe your set doesn’t natively support the flavor of HDR Directv outputs which if I’m not mistaken is HLG.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Almost every time I've compared 4K broadcast to the "regular" network version - I've preferred the non 4k image - always seemed brighter with better contrast & brightness.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Almost every time I've compared 4K broadcast to the "regular" network version - I've preferred the non 4k image - always seemed brighter with better contrast & brightness.
No way. HDR makes the 4K feed better .

I love fox sports "4K" broadcasts .

Wish FOX had the super bowl again this year.

I did enjoy Viacom s nickelodeon broadcast today

Hoping both of the FOX games next week will be in 4K.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
I recorded the Rams/Hawks game on D* in 4K, and then switched over to the HD channel at the end and it was like going from HD to SD. Nothing about the picture looked good. Clarity. Sharpness. Colors. No comparison.

6441 - 6460 of 6465 Posts