AVS Forum banner

6461 - 6465 of 6465 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
I thought the broadcast looked okay. Of course much better than the HD broadcast, but it didn't wow me like other 4k broadcasts. Might also have to do with it not being a night game. I think the lighting in the night broadcasts makes it look much better. ESPN's native 4k broadcasts look so much better than the fox upscaled 4k broadcasts IMO.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Looked great to me watching on Directv on my Sony 930e. My guess to why it didn’t look good on your set is that maybe your set doesn’t natively support the flavor of HDR Directv outputs which if I’m not mistaken is HLG.
I believe my TV does HDR10 if my research is correct. I need to look at other HDR content more closely to see if it's confined to DirecTV's sports channel. The free 4k channel looks awesome.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

Can someone tell me what the directv C61K-700 genie client uses for frequency range over coax? I am trying to find out if it uses the whone 2 - 2450mhz or does it use a specific range because it actually connects to the genie 2 server i have? I am thinking it uses moca to stream the video to the client but i want to be sure because i need to run it through a ground loop isolator and they only work 5 - 1000 but i did find one that claims 5 - 2400mhz which may do the trick. If the genie client only uses a certain frequency i may have found my solution. The second option that would work is running the coax through an APC J10 AV Power conditioner where it says "satellite" for coax protection that also removed my ground loop but i cant seem to find any specs on what that coax connection allows through it for frequency range.

6461 - 6465 of 6465 Posts