AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting HDTV and regular satellite into our office in San Diego (UTC area) and can't seem to find anyone that is competent...Advice greatly appreciated...Thanks

------------------

J. Sollender

·
Registered
716 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffsollie:
Putting HDTV and regular satellite into our office in San Diego (UTC area) and can't seem to find anyone that is competent...Advice greatly appreciated...Thanks
Competent in what sense? This isn't rocket science...! The GoodGuys on La Jolla Village Drive will install for you; standard fee is about $100.

------------------

"You can't argue with a confident man"

- Napoleon Wilson, Assault on Precinct 13

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Commercial intstallation with a mix of HDTV and antenna, etc. into several offices off of one dish and one antenna? Figuring out how to drive one cable into two of the same receivers that output HDVT and NTSC respectively regardless of the input (Panny HDTV receiver)? They will know how to install this?

------------------

J. Sollender

·
Registered
957 Posts
Titan TV
http://www.titantv.com/ttv/AntennaSe.../installer.asp

great site with antenna selector to recommend a antenna as well as information on Digital stations in your area on the air and on the air dates for future digital stations.

also has a toll free number for finding a installer. may be a place to start. If they have references you can check out.

------------------

RJW

[This message has been edited by wezar (edited 08-07-2001).]

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used Mike's Antenna ServiceÂ*Â*Â*Â* 5431 Linda Vista RdÂ*Â*(619) 287-2762. He installed an HDTV antenna, preamp and DirecTV dish for me. He is knowledgeable.

Rays

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check with Sonora Design Associates in Ventura ( www.sonoradesign.com ). They do not install, but do designs for commercial hi-rises all the time. Single dish, single wire (stacked) to as many locations as you wish. Look at the survey form on their web site and call them for help. They build pre-designed boxes that can be installed over a day or two for a large hi-rise (if the bldg is wired) and will work from the get-go.

Also, call Larry at Direct A/V (213-923-1333)for professional wiring and installation work. His company is the one that wired Staples Center in LA. I did the SMATV and DBS system design and build for them. They also just finished doing Sony's office building at The Point in Rancho Bernardo. I designed that with them also.

Let me know what you find. I cna give you a lot more professional references if you need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.