AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is DirecTV playing with the sattelite in the evening and early morning? It seems to be searching for one channel or another late night, but everything clears up at about 7 A.M. This started happening September 29th. If no one else is having a problem, then I have to assume a faulty LNB or multiswitch. Any feedback will be appreciated, because you can never get a straight answer from DirecTV!

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
This could indeed be a cable or connector problem. Make sure that your connections at the LNBs on the dish are tight and dry. To do this, loosen them first, clean, dry, and reconnect. Hopefully you're using rubber boots to keep them dry.

If these steps don't help, then I might indeed suspect a failing LNB, perhaps temperature related.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Another thing to check is signal strength (yeah, it's really FEC...). A couple of the folks on the '110 sat busted' thread noted that with low signal levels, they could sometimes see a dropout at night... Denser air due to cooler temps? Not sure.

Something to think about, though!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to be the LNB; I tapped it a few times in the early A.M., and all the stations that were out came back on. I think the temperature change could be the factor with this (very old) dual LNB!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the temperature change could be the factor with this (very old) dual LNB!
Denser air due to cooler temps? Not sure.

Something to think about, though!

how about...a hairline crack in the LNB circuit board that will contract as the temperature goes down, then causing a break in the circuit. Anyway...it's the LNB, and I'm having it "upgraded" by DirecTV. (Now if I can only get rid of the 'installer'...).

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
update...The installer really knew his business as far as wiring and positioning the satellite. Good luck to anyone else needing an upgrade. Actually, it's a really good deal. A triple LNB + installation with only a $14.95 freight charge and a year commitment to DirecTV, for existing good paying customers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.