AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hearing any news that Directv is moving installs in house? Or maybe that they are adding In-House Installers for the HD conversion? (I’ve posted before that it ought to be a joy trying to get an installer in the northeast during the first 12 markets swaps when DC, Philly, NY, and Boston all are getting swapped concurrently.)

First week of July, I drove by my local Car dealer and they had a huge pile (60 or 80) of brand new White Directv vanes.

See this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...on#post5852218

Then HDFanAtic said he saw a similar thing in Palm Springs in June:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...&post5854746

Then a couple weeks ago I saw another 40 or 50 vans and the dealer near my house. I was going to post about it but been busy at work so never got around to it as they disappeared a few at a time.

Then yesterday I drive past the dealer again and there are like another 40 or 50 brand new white DirecTV vans sitting there.

Thinking back I think the first time I saw it was 2 separate delivers of around 40 vans.

So all told- in my little corner of nowhere NJ they have gotten 150-200 Brand new DirecTV installation vans delivered in the past 2 months.

HD Fanatic saw another delivery in Palm Springs.

Anyone else see any others?

·
Registered
178 Posts
What dealerships...Ford, GM, etc ??

·
Registered
464 Posts
DirecTV is requiring their HSP's to have a certain percentage of vans owned by the HSP's. The vans you saw are the standard design Chevy's for HSP's.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you know what your talking about! :)

they're chevy's.

What's an HSP?

I drove past today took a couple pics with the cell phone- if there's a good one I'll try to upload. Basic white chevy with directv blue logo on the sides and back and a ladder rack.

·
Registered
464 Posts
HSP means Home Service Provider. I don't want to stay too off topic so if you want more info PM me. Too much to type!

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Did you look inside one to see if there were any new MPEG-4 boxes/dishes that came with them?? ;)

Makes sense that they would use Chevy vans if you think about it. Wasn't D* a subsidiary of GM at some point?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just came back from vacation and there are now over another HUNDRED of these white vans sitting on the lot.

I guess the "HSP" aroung here is ramping up for al the swaps...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelk
I just came back from vacation and there are now over another HUNDRED of these white vans sitting on the lot.

I guess the "HSP" aroung here is ramping up for al the swaps...
It was likely just a fleet account purchase of the vehicles. Those vans may have a different final destination. We sell several fleet accounts that take delivery here in Tulsa but the end user may be several states away.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ahhhhh....

that might explain why sometimes they sit around on the lot for a couple weeks slowly trickling away. Someone from far aways has to come pick them up...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.