AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe that DirecTV has no incentive for existing customers to upgrade to HD. My friend has standard DTV and we went to Best Buy before the NCAA finals to see about getting the SIR-T160 and HD dish and I asked if they had any special deal on the receiver/dish/installation and they said absolutely not, that he was on his own to pay for everything, including installation. I can't believe that they expect people to buy a $600 receiver AND pay for a metal dish and installation on top of all that. So we got the T151 OTA only instead. Unbelievable.

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
That just shows that D* has no agreement with Best Buy for an HD deal. Before you can make sure your thread title is accurate, you need to talk to somebody at DirecTV and work them a bit.

·
Registered
JVC NZ8, 2.35:1 125" screen, Marantz AV7705, 7.2.4 Def Tech speakers, Sunfire Theater Grand 400x7
3,617 Posts
You can work with them for the sat dish, but you're going to have to buy your own STB.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sadly,

I am serviced by Pegasus who offer absolutely nothing in the way of upgrade. Not even free installation of the dish I would purchase. Even spoke with the customer care people!!!! Some good that did.

Not been happy with Pegasus before, but sadly I am stuck with them.

Geoffrey

:mad:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Call DirecTV. Ask for Customer Retention. Tell them you are going to cancel because of the expense in upgrading your dish and such.

Often times they will send out a new dish w/ installation.

Sometimes they offer credit on your account to offset the expense of upgrading. It took me over a hour on the phone but I got $150.00 credit towards my bill when it was all said and done.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.