AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 8:30am Eastern, there are 2 channels 509, both listed as HBO-HD, showing the same programming, and only one has program info.

Someone at DirecTV has been hitting the bong too early in the morning!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Karnis, could it be that they are mirroring HBO-HD to 110? Like they did with HD Net on 198 for a short while? I am just throwing out a possible answer. Anyone who does not sub to HBO, now able to get HBO HD again, maybe on the extra 509? Karnis I presume you sub to HBO?? just curious, guess I am fishing for the win-win answer. Cant blame me for trying!

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you read my previous post I just said I disabled the 110' LNB to check, and even did the generic receiver reset for s**ts and grins...same result. I do sub to HBO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining...I think it's funny as hell!

·
Registered
242 Posts
OK. When you say there are 2 509's, are you saying that when you channel up or down, channel 509 comes up twice, one after another, with HOB HD programming? Excuse me if I ask this question, but I was not sure after reading your original post, and was trying to picture this.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PTS
OK. When you say there are 2 509's, are you saying that when you channel up or down, channel 509 comes up twice, one after another, with HBO HD programming?
Bingo!

They are both coming from the 119' bird.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well if you figure out what is causing it, or any significance to it, let us know.

Maybe it just has to do with the computer info they had to load, to allow us "freeloaders" to not get HBO-HD any more?

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
It is always possible DirecTV is testing two HBOHDs on the guide in preparation for mirroring it on 110, and ultimately moving it to 110.

Of course it can just be a screw up also.

·
Registered
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Optimistic Karnis thinks they might be testing space for Discovery HD.

Pessimistic Karnis thinks someone spilled bong water into their control panel.

Pragmatic Karnis doesn't think it has anything to do with the 110' as they would be transmitting it from the 110' bird....nor would it be double 509s. The test of HDnet was on two channels, 198 & 199.

Practical Karnis suspects it has something to do with the APG fixes going on.

However, Wayne is getting a good laugh over the whole thing.

;)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Two Ch 509's, didn't think they had the transponder available to put another HD channel on the 119 bird. Or and I think this is a slim possibility, the new bird DTV 5 is now in position and they are testing it? That one is supposed to be on line in July.

Pat

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.