AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
They do give you the option of "unchecking" the email newsletter offer.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I just completed the survey. It took all of about 2 minutes, and you dont have to sign up for their news letter either, as stated before.

Fred

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I did it and it didn't even take long at all.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the link.

As a long term Direct TV subscriber (over 8 years now), I want to send the "HDTV message" to them any oppty that I have. I sent the biggest message recently just by activating a new DST-3000.

dL

·
Registered
105 Posts
This is not a survey relevant to HDTV programming, the only thing they care about are the demographics under "Tell us more about you".

The "Learn more about DirecTv Programming and Products" section will likely get you hounded to sign up for existing "Products" as-is.

This thing is intended to do one thing, and one thing only, learn what else they can sell you... and from that learn what others like you are likely to buy.

Don't count on it being used for product development.

I see nothing there that asks where you think product offerings are weakest, or what you would like to see more of at DirecTv.

-Ted-

·
Registered
144 Posts
tlum is probably correct. However, I will vote. Who knows, maybe if they thought that they could charge more for the HD channels like they do HBO, etc. more HDTV would become a reality.

Wishfull thinking!

DarrenW

·
Registered
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tlum

This thing is intended to do one thing, and one thing only, learn what else they can sell you... and from that learn what others like you are likely to buy.
Well it seems to be working ... I have an info block this evening on HDNet Channel 199 for purchase information.

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
How do you know its even a DirecTV survey, and not some scan to get personal info? Why is it using an IP address directly and not www.directv.com? Where is the survey from the main DirecTV page?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Since I am already a subscriber (and they ask for your number) they already have access to all my information anyway. I already own an HD TV receiver AND an Ultimate PVR --the two things I checked off as my interests. I get the full DTV package. What could they possibly try to sell me? This ought to be interesting...

dan

·
Registered
475 Posts
Quote:
The IP address of Directv.com is 147.21.10.33 and not 137.236.4.34!!! Doing a "WHOIS" lookup of the fraud IP address reveals a company called "xpedite.com" not Hughes as the real IP address reveals. For more IP Whois, goto http://www.arin.net/whois.
There is no fraud or scam. xpedite does online marketing type stuff like e-mail lists and web surveys.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.