Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am using the channel master oval dish and the Zenith 1080 box.

Connected at the top of the lnb support arm is a "Eagle Aspen" Multi-SAT Multi- switch 3lnbf Y adaptor. I have all three lnb horns pushed on and screwed in. The 110degree horn has only one push-on "F" connector at the base that goes into the intergrated multi-switch. 119degree horn has two "F" connectors at the base. I dont know if this means anything in relation to my problem....

I get 0 on the signal meter for 110.

I have selected the oval dish in the D* menu.

I get great signal (65 and 95) on SAT A and B

Any help????

Thanks

Bernie

·
Super Moderator
18,451 Posts
You must be using the special Sat C LNB (any ol' LNB won't work) and the special combiner. You may have connected the wrong "side" of the 119 LNB to the combiner. Try the other "side." Here's a diagram:

http://robster66.tripod.com/SatC.html

Doc

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhhh....

Where can I buy just the special SAT C lnb only ?

That must be the problem cause the multiswitch is intergrated into the arm and I don't think i have options of changing stuff on it .....

Thanks!

Bernie

·
Registered
76 Posts
u can get the sat c lnb from Directv if u are a customer . ask for the self install option and it will cost u under 9 dollars ( S&H ) You may have to go through a couple of CSR's (some dont know anything.)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the SAT C lnb look remarkablely different than the other two lnbs? Does it typically say "SAT C ONLY" somewhere on the lnb? I thought I already bought a special kit so thats why I ask .....

thanks

Bernie

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie R
Does the SAT C lnb look remarkablely different than the other two lnbs? Does it typically say "SAT C ONLY" somewhere on the lnb?
On my system, the Sat C LNB is slightly smaller than the others. It also has a yellow sticker that says "for Sat C use only".

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Bernie,

The sat C has a single output unlike most of the regular lnb's. The little combiner that comes with it is so cheap I really don't think you will save gas money by looking around for just the lnb. Art

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine has the single output on the lnb! I need to go back up that two story ladder and see if it says SAT C on it. But if it does i dont know where that leaves me in why I am getting no signal on the receiver..... BTW -- I have no splitters or connections in line just direct fron the intergrated multiswitch down the pike to the sat receiver ...

Bernie

·
Registered
856 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie R
I need to go back up that two story ladder and see if it says SAT C on it. But if it does i dont know where that leaves me in why I am getting no signal on the receiver
Bernie ... that is where I am stuck right now. I used to get a solid ~60 signal on Sat-C but now I get a zero. I'm bummed and I dont have time to mess around with it (dish in tree / 2 young kids / etc).

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm not sure how the Zenith STB is configured, but for my RCA DTC-100, I have to select "Oval" dish, then "Three Satellites" to be able to receive 110.

The default is "two" satellites.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hi All,

Just ordered my FREE sat "c" kit from DirecTV for the total price of $8.08 shipping charge. They are also offering free installation now, not that this install is hard but why not let them do the work for free. They also tell you that the installer will tweak the dish for maximum signal strength at that time of install.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello,

OK the special SAT C lnb did the trick! YEAH! Thanks to all who helped me with my problem :)

BTW -- I kinda like the simplicity of the Eagle Aspen intergrated 5X4 multiswitch as it made it as easy as just popping in the (correct) lnb for SAT C

Thanks Again!

Bernie

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yeah, I ran into this too.

I also noticed something odd: I have two boxes hooked to my TRK S23 dish, a DirecTiVo and an RCA F38310 TV. When I put in my zip code, they give me two different sets of pointing angles!

The DTV said 100 degrees tilt, 46 degrees elev, while the RCA said 101.4 and 50. The RCA numbers worked much better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.