AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.... I just got my oval dish (replaced my round) So I have my normal directv sat and also the HDNet Sat. I need to buy the Sat C thing from Directv, for Showtime, but my question is..... Is can I use my old LNB from my round dish as my sat c for my showtime..... Or do I need to buy the actual Sat C kit from Directv??

Thanks In advance guys!

·
Registered
120 Posts
You need to buy an actual Sat-C LNB. It is different than the other single and dual output LNBs.

If you have one of the newer oval dishes with the "integrated" multiswitches, you will not need the Sat-C combiner... otherwise you will need the combiner along with the Sat-C LNB.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine just got installed from Directv last week....

This was what i got.....

18" x 24" Elliptical Dish

Two (2) Dual LNBs

Center Slot for the 3rd SAT C (110º) LNB (optional)

4 x 4 Multi-Switch (use as many as four receivers)

So I have the extra lnb from my old dish.... can I use it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
557 Posts
Your old lnb will not work. You will need to buy one but call DTV and ask for a change of equipment upgrade. I got it for NC plus shipping. Also the first time I did it I got the single lnb sat C kit which I installed myself, but when I got the second one they replace my entire dish and the new dish had the third lnb built in. I do have to dish on my house since I have multiple hdstb's and tivo's.

Good luck.

Michael

·
Registered
425 Posts
Just call them and say that you wanna watch Showtime HD and they will give you a sat C lnb. I got a Oval dish with 3 lnb after telling them that I wanted to watch the spanish channels and show hd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.