AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been browsing a few threads on the Panasonic TU-HDS20 and the upcoming Zenith STB, but the answer to my query is not apparent in those threads.

Is there a DirecTV HDTV receiver that has an RF output, which I could then plug into my Dish 6000 HDTV receiver and receive DirecTV HD programming on channel 3 or 4 with the 6000's 8VSB module?

The reason I'm interested is that I'm looking at probably $400-$1000 to get a DirecTV receiver for HDNet. Add to that another $100 for a decent RBG switcher (I have two RGB inputs, but both are in use) and maybe $50 for a decent cable from the STB to the switchbox. Add to that a room who's wiring is so complex that I have cables lying around that aren't plugged into anything (mostly power cables) and I'm looking at a serious engineering project.

If there is a receiver that can output DirecTV content into my Dish 6000's 8VSB module, I'm basically looking at running coax from my dual LNB pointed at 119 from my Dish 500 receiver to the new receiver, plugging in my OTA coax to the new receiver (or maybe using a splitter), then running a short piece coax from the new receiver to the Dish 6000, which is then connected to my display. A much easier scenario if possible...

Also, for flexibility, I'd like the receiver to output 720p via RGB.

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

[This message has been edited by ultimate (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
The answer is no. If such thing exists, it will worth its weight in gold, just check out the going price on a Dish5000 HD remodulator.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.