AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok bare with me on this one but I need some help from SWM guru's

I currently have service with Directv and using a SWM for my home. I couldnt do extra wire drops and have virtually no attic so its a godsend. That said, I am contemplating installing a CCTV security system and because of the same aforementioned challenges, trying to find a way to distribute the signal so it can be viewed on any tv.

I was curious to know if I could use a programmable modulator combined with a splitter and diplexer to run the cctv feed to any tv I want. I am not sure how it works with the PI which is on the second floor at the moment. I was thinking I couldnt diplex before the PI but again, maybe I am wrong

Does ANYONE have any good suggestions here.

UTTERLY THANKFUL IF YOU DO

·
Registered
2,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzook /forum/post/14347895

ok bare with me on this one but I need some help from SWM guru's

I currently have service with Directv and using a SWM for my home. I couldnt do extra wire drops and have virtually no attic so its a godsend. That said, I am contemplating installing a CCTV security system and because of the same aforementioned challenges, trying to find a way to distribute the signal so it can be viewed on any tv.

I was curious to know if I could use a programmable modulator combined with a splitter and diplexer to run the cctv feed to any tv I want. I am not sure how it works with the PI which is on the second floor at the moment. I was thinking I couldnt diplex before the PI but again, maybe I am wrong

Does ANYONE have any good suggestions here.

UTTERLY THANKFUL IF YOU DO

The SWM-8 has an OTA port on the unit. Connect your modulator to that input and diplex it out at each outlet (or where you want to watch the camera).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts