AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 18 month old HD TiVo that is stuck on clear and delete. It has been stuck for parts of three days. I called DTV and added the maintainance contract (she only charged $5/ month) today. The CS told me it was immediate and that I could get a replacement if needed today. I have read before that there is a thirty day waiting period before you can get a replacement. I hate to call back tomorrow only to disqualify myself from replacement. Is it immediate or is there, in fact, a thirty day wait.

Thanks

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gcawad:

I just enrolled in the maintenance yesterday myself and they clearly told me that there was a 30 day waitng period before coverage would begin.

I verified this am on the directv website under manage my account I can see the maintenace and it states 30 days before coverage begins.

Have you checked your account info on the dircttv website maybe you got lucky and somehow have coverage now?.

Good Luck

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After checking online it does say coverage begins in 30 days with a 7.99 MT charge. So the wait continues as the DVR is stuck on clear and delete.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
I was under the impression that the DVR and HD (and HD DVR) units were $7.99, and only the non-DVR, non-HD STB's were $5 per month. I have one HD STB and two SD-DVR's and I get hit for $7.99/month.

The Protection Plan has waned in recent months. They made me jump through firey hoops to get the last SD-TiVo units replaced after electrical surges across the phone lines. Yeah, it was covered, but they all but had me replace the house and everything in it before issuing replacement units, and then I had to use new cards because the older ones (which were only a few months old) wouldn't work.

And since any future HD STB's from D* will not have RGBHV output like the current HD unit has I'll be dropping this PP when this unit fails and go cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.