AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, hello to everyone and an appology if this is not the correct forum for this question. Ok, now the questions.

I currently have a Mitsubishi WT-46807 HD TV and am looking to get a better picture than the local analog cable (St. Louis, Chater Cable). I have as I see it basically two choices. Digital cable from Charter or DirecTV.

My questions are these.

1.) Digital Cable over Analog, is the diffrence THAT noticable.?

2.) STB for DirecTV. Does anyone have the Sony SAT-T60? If so how does it work? Will it support HDTV or will I need a seperate STB? If so is there another All-In-One box capable of doing this?

------------------

Yeah I have an AMD 500 in my Explorer. So what?

·
Registered
632 Posts
1) Depends on how bad your analog cable is. Typ the digital channels are highly compressed, but some people prefer them to the crummy analog signal they get.

2) SAT-T60 - See DirecTiVo forum in the TiVo section here at AVSForums. It will NOT do HDTV and you will need a seperate box. It records the signal exactly as good (or bad) as DirecTV sends it.

You can use a standalone TiVo with a HDTV box with a lot of manual recordings and timers to record the S-Video output, but generally a seperate box and recording the NTSC version of HBO is a better idea.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,640 Posts
Moving to the Home Theater General Forum.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.