AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a Directv suscriber for two years in the atlanta market and am very please with my service, pricing, HDTV, etc. However I am moving 7 miles north into a market that apparently is controlled by Pegasus, a reseller of the directv service. Does anyone know what I should expect form the service, and more importantly, the HDTV service! I love the current package from Direct TV.

One final question, what is O&O markets

·
Registered
190 Posts
Slightly off thread but...

If you can keep your phone number, you can keep your subscription.

O&O is answered elsewhere.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hi-vac
... what is O&O markets
O&O markets:

Owned & Operated markets are where the local broadcast station is Owned & Operated by the network it carries.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Avoid Pegasus if you can. They are much harder to deal with than DirecTV (if that is possible) and do not offer all the deals that DirecTV does. Their "customer retention" department is not nearly as accommodating. I was going to add DirecTV to a vacation home until I spent several hours on the phone with Pegasus and finally gave up.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Not that I condone such a thing, but from what I understand you CAN change your billing address without changing your service address (which is what determines whether or not you are in Pegasus territory).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the reply's. I actually thought I could change my billing address as I have my credit card setup to pay my bill each month anyway.

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Assuming one actually connected the D* boxes to a phone line after the move, how would a new telephone number affect this "non-move"? Or would it?

Wouldn't it be best to just leave the phone jack unplugged at the new address? Folks over at dbsforums.com say the phone line is no longer necessary.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I don't think they actually research the callerID info to cross-reference it to their service records. They only care that all the boxes are calling from the same location.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.