AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Directv Plus dish with a SAT A, B, & C configuration and I moved into a house where there was currently a single LNB Directv SAT installed. The problem is that there are only 2 lines running from the satelite dish to the mail wiring box on the house. The back of my dish has the Multiswitch with 4 outputs, but there are only 2 wires connected. I have 4 Directv receivers, 2 of which are HDTV. I would rather not have to have a installer run 2 more wire around the house, but will do that if it is my only option.

Question:

Is it possible to place another Multiswitch of some sort at the other end of these 2 cables and still take advantage on the 3 sats being used for SD and HDTV to 4 receivers?

I tried using a recton passive Multiswitch and all I got was the SD signal and that was flakey at best.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
632 Posts
There are two satellites (B & C are joined to make them look like one sat to the receiver) and two polarities per satelite. Std equipment will put on sat/polarity on one cable.

A Stacker will put both polarities of the sat one cable, so you just need two cables for two sats. Of course you need destackers (or alternatively and usually cheaper, stackers and multiswitches) at the far end.

Here is a thread with a nice diagram at the bottom: http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...threadid=96419 .

Expect the equipment to run $250 - $350.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I don't pretend to understand all the information contained in this thread on the DBSforums site , but there does seem to be a way to run only two wires from the triple-sat dish, provided yours is the 2-sat model with the added Sat-C kit.

I've also heard rumors of three-satellite stackers, but I've never seen one.

Congrats on the house.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.