AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got Direct TV and I noticed that some of the HD channels are on channels 70 through 79. Then the same channels are on again between the 200's to 500's.

Why are there 2 of these channels? Is it because one set is MPEG-2 and the other is MPEG-4? If so, which is which?

Obviously it would use less space to record on the MPEG-4 one's if that's the way they are.........correct?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You're correct, the 70s are old mpeg-2 and the higher numbers are current mpeg-4.

Add the higher numbers to your favs, ditch the 70s.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktb2793 /forum/post/15573784

Just got Direct TV and I noticed that some of the HD channels are on channels 70 through 79. Then the same channels are on again between the 200's to 500's.

Why are there 2 of these channels? Is it because one set is MPEG-2 and the other is MPEG-4? If so, which is which?

Obviously it would use less space to record on the MPEG-4 one's if that's the way they are.........correct?

DTV = Digital Television

DirecTv = D*

Dish = E* (Echostar)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah .......didn't know that about D*

THANKS

One more question........... What is the Channel T101 that comes on 101 in HD and 239 in SD? I don't see that anywhere on D*'s channel lineup listings.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktb2793 /forum/post/15574045

ah .......didn't know that about D*

THANKS

One more question........... What is the Channel T101 that comes on 101 in HD and 239 in SD? I don't see that anywhere on D*'s channel lineup listings.

It is their own channel. It usually shows concerts, music game shows,Friday night lights etc.
http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global...ssetId=1200005

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
The HD channels in the 70s channel range are beginning to be phased out. Tune to channel 77 to see some informational slides. Eventually all D* HD will be MPEG4 and the HD channels will be the same channel number as their SD equivalent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts