AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

· Registered
4,671 Posts
Bummer

· Registered
156 Posts
The Xbox360 so far is getting "Time Exclusive" so of speak because Devs are having to spend more time with the PS3 versions. Rainbow Six vegas, Graw 2, and now Dirt. I just hope GTA 4 dont meet the same fate. That would be devastating for Sony.

· Registered
4,223 Posts
Well the PS3 already has Motorstorm, while the 360 is in dire need of any type of off-roading game, so I do not see this news as a big deal.

The MS fanboys will love this news, as DiRT is suppose to be there "Motorstorm Killer". Thats fine though, because they do need a good off-roading game badly.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
We PS3 owners just have to live with it...........sub par ports, release dates MONTHS later. But hey, some day the PS3 should sell some units in meaningful numbers and the PS3 will command more of companies attention.

In the meantime, I'll just buy the 360 version. Better online functionality and earlier releases. Also, sadly enough, at this point, you can add better visuals to the list.

First party titles can't come fast enough.

· Registered
1,768 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelover360 /forum/post/0

We PS3 owners just have to live with it...........sub par ports, release dates MONTHS later. But hey, some day the PS3 should sell some units in meaningful numbers and the PS3 will command more of companies attention.

In the meantime, I'll just buy the 360 version. Better online functionality and earlier releases. Also, sadly enough, at this point, you can add better visuals to the list.

Couldn't agree more...though I rarely say it in these parts as it incites anger in some hearts around here...but it's the truth right now. I cannot imagine buying a PS3 game in the near future that would also be released on the 360. There's just no reason to right now...hopefully there will be in the future, which is why I bought the console.

· Registered
3,664 Posts

Quote:

we don't have to live with it forever. the ps3 is still new to most developers, and they will eventually learn how to work with it better. who knows, the ps3 may become the lead platform for the majority of the multiplat games.

most ports aren't even that bad. there are only a small handful (FEAR, SC
A come to mind). this is Codemasters first PS3 title, thus, its their first time working on the PS3 hardware.

· Registered
1,029 Posts

Quote:

Nice generalization there but I'm not surprised given your username. Then how come the PS3 versions of NBA 2K7, Fight Night, Oblivion, and Virtua Tennis look better compared to the 360? Hmm..

· Registered
2,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZX /forum/post/0

Nice generalization there but I'm not surprised given your username. Then how come the PS3 versions of NBA 2K7, Fight Night, Oblivion, and Virtua Tennis look better compared to the 360? Hmm..

I believe he owns both a ps3 & 360. IMO he's actually one of the more unbiased people on this board.

· Registered
2,847 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurboZX /forum/post/0

I have been accused both ways depending on the accusers favorite system.

I can understand your feelings based upon my username, but hopefully my opinions are what you iwll use to evalute me.

I own both consoles, and am really glad I own both. I loved Motorstorm, VF5, and RFOM. Those titles show that the PS3's potential is there. How far devs will take it us up to market forces and install bases. Nothing is certain in business. Companies rise, fall, and are bought out. The 360 could well win this current "console war"..........nothing is written in stone.

Why is that? Because the 360 is one of the most influential home consumer devices to come around in a while. Xbox live and all the associated functionality and integration with friends, downloadable content, MSN messenger, voice chat, video chat, achievement points is an amazing interface that runs great.

The fact is that MS realized that visuals would start to succumb to the law of diminishing returns. 720p is enough this gen, especially considering other areas of a game to code for: frame rate, geometry, draw distance, physics, etc. While the 360 is a powerful system capable of great visuals, they invested SUBSTANTIAL R & D into Xbox live.

Xbox live represents a service and interface that is the here and now, as well as the future. This community they have created is truly an accomplishment.

Sony has fallen behind in responding to what he consumer wants, and has failed to accurately see what the future will hold. Their atrocious online functionality is emberassing compared to Xbox live. How Sony releases the PS3 without a way to stream media to it is hard to fathom. How they released a system without the ability to organize your media on the hard drive into folders is insane. Their hardware is powerful, and full of complex potential that may take 3-5 years for devs and economic forces to allow games that look significantly better than the 360's games. But by then the 360 will have wooed even more gamers due to Live. Also the Xbox 720 will be right around the corner.

So I would say that while I love my PS3 and lok forward to some great first party titles, the way in which Sony has stumbled so badly out of the box is unquestionable. Face it. The 360 games come out sooner and look better (for teh most part). So we are left waiting for first party titles, and for the day when the PS3 is the lead dev platform. That day may well come. But with Sony's online startegy and high price, I don't see when.

Sony's big deal is home. If home works like advertised, they could be on to something. I think that they have put their marker down on home, and bet almost everything.

· Registered
1,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

Well the PS3 already has Motorstorm, while the 360 is in dire need of any type of off-roading game, so I do not see this news as a big deal.

"Dire need"?

Seriously?

Trust me, this is the very definition of a niche title. The 360 would be perfectly fine without it. No one is saying, "I really want a 360, but they don't have any off-roading titles out for it. Too bad."

· Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Mapstone /forum/post/0

The MS fanboys will love this news, as DiRT is suppose to be there "Motorstorm Killer". Thats fine though, because they do need a good off-roading game badly.

WTH??? Dirt is nothing at all like Motorstorm. Motorstorm was the Motorstorm killer (Based on sales).

Dirt is a Rally racing game. Checkpoints and times mostly.

Why try and stir up %^$&? Just to take a shot at Xbox owners?

· Registered
1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

FrankJ.Cone brings up how great the Xbox is in every thread he can. He's put down Motorstorm in as many ways as he could think of. But when you have something to say he's suddenly moves from troll to mod.

· Registered
3,664 Posts

Quote:

like i said, things will change. the ONLY reason the ps3 is hard for most developers to work with, is because its NEW and different. like everything else in life, practice makes perfect. delays will not be the norm for this entire generation. but expect delays for some of the ps3's first generation titles.

its like you think developers are stupid and will never learn. no... developers are the biggest tech geeks in the world and they will learn how to work with the ps3 soon enough.

· Registered
3,664 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankJ.Cone /forum/post/0

WTH??? Dirt is nothing at all like Motorstorm. Motorstorm was the Motorstorm killer (Based on sales).

whats that supposed to mean?

the only thing bad about Motorstorm is the lack of content, which will be added in updates. even without the updates, MS is at least a GOOD game. and its one of the best selling ps3 titles worldwide.

· Registered
8,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahzel /forum/post/0

whats that supposed to mean?

the only thing bad about Motorstorm is the lack of content, which will be added in updates. even without the updates, MS is at least a GOOD game. and its one of the best selling ps3 titles worldwide.

That means the sales were nowhere near what you would expect the title to have after so much advertising and hype. (Check the NPD numbers). R:FoM trounced MS as did third party titles. This is after two Sony exec said "Just wait till Motorstorm hits".

AWX has some SERIOUS issues with the 360 it seems. With me as well I guess as he seems to be ignorant about 90% of my posts... hey AXW there is a SEARCH feature. Please feel free to prove your statement correct, until then I call your statement ignorant.

Again Dirt is a crossplatform Rally game. WTH does it have to do with Motorstorm? William seems to just be trying to stir somehing up. (How the heck could a CROSSPLATFORM game be a 1st part killer for ONE of the platforms?

Now Sega rally, thats going to kill MS PS3.

· Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankJ.Cone

Frank, feel free to report me to the moderator if you like.

· Registered
4,223 Posts

Quote:
Originally posted by FrankJ.Cone

Dirt is a Rally racing game.

Yes it is, but apparantly the developers are adding to the series. As that ain't no rally car!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.