AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See thread title. Anyway i am currently downloading Wet and Dirt2. I am looking forward to Wet. Don't know why. Video on XBOX live was awesome. May end up regretting it but i am thinking about buying it on day 1. This demo will definitely help me make up my mind. Fingers crossed that it is good!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I'm downloading the 4 demos,

Excited about Mini Ninjas and Dirt. Don't know about WET and other one. Can't remeber the name ILC something...

Mini Ninjas kinda reminds me of Zelda Wind Waker type of game,..but with ninjas. From all the trailer, it looks fun. Really hope it will be good.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
the dirt 2 demo is pretty good. i downloaded the demo and played it for about two hours. i wish there was more to the demo but it looks like the game should be good.

·
Registered
795 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjasonb /forum/post/17034475

the dirt 2 demo is pretty good. i downloaded the demo and played it for about two hours. i wish there was more to the demo but it looks like the game should be good.

You got TWO HOURS of play time out of a demo and you're upset there isn't more to it?!

I don't even know where to start.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, wet was pretty much what i expected. A spiritual sequel to stranglehold. i really liked stranglehold so i am pretty pleased with wet. Not as much as i hoped but it will do. I found the battle arena parts a little repetitive (sp?). Actually it was all a little repetitive but i enjoyed it. The music is out of this world. As for the graphics, meh. it won't win any awards but it will do. The game oozes style though. The section where she freaks and goes into rage mode or whatever was pretty f'n awesome. The final part of the demo was pretty original to me. i haven't really played anything like it in a game. If someone else has played a sequence like it let me know because i want to play that game right now. i think i will go ahead and pick this up day one since christmas in september is coming and i will be getting birthday money.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee K /forum/post/17034649

You got TWO HOURS of play time out of a demo and you're upset there isn't more to it?!

I don't even know where to start.

there is only 2 tracks and 2 cars. more cars to choose from would have been cool.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Dirt 2 is pretty impressive and the menus are even better than Dirt 1.

Wet is TERRIBLE. I couldn't even stomach finishing it.

Mini Ninjas is...cute?...but needs some polish with the camera/clipping and I get the feeling it might not be very deep or paced very well. The cutscene in the extras is VERY well done.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Ditto on Wet.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Wet remind me of a Tarantino's movie. Loved the soundtrack but the gameplay was meh at best. Jump, slow-mo bang bang ban. Slide, slow-mo bang bang bang.

Mini-ninjas was... ok. Didn't really played Dirt 2, even if it was the one I was excited to play

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
if you took the linear approach with mini-ninjas I can see it being just OK. I took a side route and ended up white-water rafting, fishing, platforming, etc.

With the ability to switch characters, the QTEs, stealth action, casting, group stuns, this is a deeper experience than what's on the surface. And, yea, its cute too.

I've started a thread too: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1172780

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.