AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hoping for a while now that Dirty Dancing would get done in HD. It has been one of the movies on my HD Movie wish list. (Especially since when they made the DVD of it, it wasn't even anamorphic.) The time has come! In case anyone else is interested and hasn't noticed, it is premiering tomorrow on Showtime at 4:30 Eastern Time.

·
Registered
739 Posts
It was on today.....Looked great!

·
Registered
193 Posts
It didn't look so good to me. Looked more like a good upconvert. IMO, it's what the DVD would look like, if it were anamorphic.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought there was a lot more resolution than I would have seen on a DVD (even anamorphic). The print was a little dirtier than I would have liked, but that was my only complaint. I thought overall it looked pretty good.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wasn't aware of Dirty Dancing airing in HD before. It aired lots of times in 4x3 standard definition on HBO, but this was the first time I saw it ever air in HD.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by baimo
Nobody puts baby in the corner!

Whats up with that? HUH?
That's the most famous line in the movie. Patrick Swayze did not want to say the line because he thought it was cheezy (as it sort of is). That certainly ended up being the line people remember from the movie, though!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I thought it looked pretty good. Much better than the DVD.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I missed it. I'll have to tell my daughter who's nuts for this film. It was shot, in part, about twenty miles from here at Mountain Lake Hotel, where we go for brunch once in a while. They've got all the posters and stuff from the film for sale up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.