Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Warner has announced plans to undergo major restorations of a number of its classic catalog titles, in anticipation of future next-gen release on Blu-ray and HD DVD.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the studio has extensive plans in the works to create 4k restorations of some of its biggest vault titles. That's a quality four times greater than today's more commonly-used 2k resolution, which is standard for most catalog remasters.

Among the classics cited by Warner for pending re-issue include 'Bonnie & Clyde,' 'Cool Hand Luke' and the Dirty Harry films 'Sudden Impact' and 'Magnum Force.'
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...ay,_HD_DVD/648

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Sweeeet...

I'm in line for the Dirty Harold films.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Cool! Can you break down the packaging details? Are they all in one big fold out (a la Alien Quadrilogy) or did they come in individual blu-ray cases? I know I'm not the only one wanting the films in individual cases, and 'Dirty Harry' in the coffee-table book...

Right?

·
Banned
1,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Sonneborn /forum/post/13965757

I got the Dirty Harry collection today. It looks to be quite a cool set. I won't have time to watch until this weekend. Lots of cool things in the box but my favorite is a wallet with Harry Callihan's licence and police inspectors badge !

I know what my friday night movie will be , Dirty Harry

Art

Mine shipped and arrives Friday. Won't have time to watch until next week, probably Monday. Might have a chance Sunday, but don't know for sure.

·
Registered
800 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamus /forum/post/13965924

Could you at least confirm audio codecs?

I second that question.

Art, I've seen your posts concerning DNR usage so I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts and impressions on the PQ of these films.

Quote:
Lots of cool things in the box but my favorite is a wallet with Harry Callihan's licence and police inspectors badge !
That is very cool.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I checked out Dirty Harry last night and although I had to make do with a 42" LCD tv (1080) I really wanted to see it on the 128" 2:35 screen setup but will not bother until the weekend as well. Still, it looked pretty good overall but the real test will be the projector. I was thinking of the box set which I could have purchased but decided against it. I think the first film is the best any way. No no no no Callahan - don't you pass out on me yet! Love it!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
Reports are surfacing that WB used an old HD master with some cleansing. I recently watched Dirty Harry series on HD cable and all of them sucked w.r to PQ.

·
Banned
1,026 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgans316 /forum/post/13967161

Reports are surfacing that WB used an old HD master with some cleansing. I recently watched Dirty Harry series on HD cable and all of them sucked w.r to PQ.

So what exactly are you trying to say? You haven't even seen the BDs!

·
Registered
6,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by townofturley /forum/post/13967317

So what exactly are you trying to say? You haven't even seen the BDs!

Mine is a forewarning to blind buyers.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...8&postcount=17

Quote:
They say that the masters are the same as the old DVD, and that the shots where Harry talks to Briggs on the first murder scene in Magnum Force are still blurred.

If this is the case, then Warner have conned us all lying about new transferts being stuck (they probably just corrected and cleaned years old transferts).
Quote:
the used master for this edition blu-ray is the same as the one that we rediscovered for the special edition SD DVD

·
Registered
6,947 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboi /forum/post/13967961

If they are blind, then it really shouldn't matter, should it?

The blind buyers I am referring to are NOT visually impaired.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.