AVS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a TH-50PX6U. Is there a way to disable the power button on the front of it. My 1 year old thinks it is great to turn it on and off.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Think physical, not virtual. Square of thin rigid plastic slightly larger than the button. Rubber cement all round. Can be removed later without leaving a mark.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Give him the remote and he'll probably leave the button on the tv alone. It seems my 2yr old would much rather use the remote.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Must be common grounds for all 2 year olds. He is constantly turning off the 27" CRT in the other room when my wife is trying to watch something, and when you get him to leave the power button alone he grabs the remote and starts changing channels/settings/etc on the remote. Luckily, when he goes into the other room with my plasma, he is so mystified by actually watching the screen that he forgets to mess with the power button/remotes....hopefully that will last

·
Registered
134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kr8z1 /forum/post/0

Give him the remote and he'll probably leave the button on the tv alone. It seems my 2yr old would much rather use the remote.

I will confirm that this approach works.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madams2 /forum/post/0

I have a TH-50PX6U. Is there a way to disable the power button on the front of it. My 1 year old thinks it is great to turn it on and off.

Thanks

A sharp rap on the knuckles and the word "NO" works!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Consumer Models feature a "Hotel Mode" that can disable buttons on both the TV and Remote Control. But you have to go through the Service Menu.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMSTEL-light /forum/post/0

The Consumer Models feature a "Hotel Mode" that can disable buttons on both the TV and Remote Control. But you have to go through the Service Menu.

That is what I was looking for. I have thought of doing the physical block and actually do that now. I was just trying to do it virtually, if possible. I will search but in case I can't find it, how do I get into the service menu on the Panny?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Gimme 5 mins, gonna go try it now.

Edit: no you cannot disable the power button. You can do pretty much everything but the power button (what input is activated when tv is turned on, max volume available, volume when tv first turned on, front panel disabling-partial and full minus power button.)

·
Registered
182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madams2 /forum/post/0

Thanks

Duct tape.

Like that old rule - if something moves, but shouldn't - duct tape. If something doesn't move, but should - WD-40.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts