AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm just getting to know my new BENQ W1070. I have my own speaker system, and I want to permanently turn off the speakers on the projector.

I've been using the remote to mute the sound from the projector each time I play a film, but the next time I turn the projector, they're back on again. It's pretty annoying.

Any tips how I can turn them off permanently?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Have you tried setting the volume to zero using the remote?

Your AVR will also likely have an option to disable audio pass-through...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I set my volume to zero, it's never changed. So, I don't hear any audio. I go straight from my BD player to the projector, so I would definitely hear audio if the volume changed on me.

·
Banned
3,901 Posts
Open it up and unplug the speaker wires from the circuit board. It's super easy. I did it with mine too. I've taken the projector apart and rebuilt it from scratch at least three times, to get dust blobs out (from INSIDE the sealed optics where the DMD is). Just removing the top lid using the screws in the base should allow you access to the squeakers (pc speakers we used to call squeakers).

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Open it up and unplug the speaker wires from the circuit board. It's super easy.

...or plug a headphone adapter into the headphone port, which mutes the onboard speakers whilst plugged in without any wire snipping.

Or simply set drop the volume to zero, which I can confirm works fine

·
Banned
3,901 Posts
Hehe, or that :) I actually use the stereo analog out when I play Wii U or Ps4 gamez, so turning the volume up and down is one extra "extremely minor nuisances" that I try to minimize. Lots of tiny annoyances and time wasters add up, over years. Who needs that noise (literally).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts