AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had HBO only in my office for 5 months.

I added showtime and a few other channels , anticipating the Showtime HD upgrade.

Three days ago HBO HD disappeared and after spending two days on the phone , no one in Direct TV (commercial office) has been able to reboot it.

Do I need a new card?

· Banned
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i get hbo and showtime, the office entertainment pack, HDnet, and show being listed for 509 and 543. I don't have the satc kit though, but 543 shows in the program guide.

We have rebooted the system 7 times over the phone.

· Registered
973 Posts
543 should not be showing until after you install the sat C LNB.

What STB are you using?

Whichever you should be able to set your dish config in the menu system of the STB to dual 2 LNB not triple 3 LNB. After you get the sat C then you can change it to triple or 3 LNB dish in the dish setup section of the STB.

Change the type of dish you have in your receivers memory and see if that makes HBO-HD come back.

· Banned
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a Zenith, it has been set for 101/119 all along, i did set it as triple sat briefly trying to get the HBOHD back on, nothing.

I am now letting the zenith do an auto detect. Sat A /b resulted.

Still nothing.

· Registered
973 Posts
Disconnect the satellite input and run the setup. Then run it again after reconnecting and see if that fixes it. One other thing can you see anything else on 119 like nasa 376 or anything else on 119 for that matter?

· Registered
973 Posts
What does channel 543 say when you tune to it call ext 721 or no signal? One thing is for sure if you don't have a sat c hooked up you should not have 543 in the channel map. Good luck!

· Banned
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no signal.

I could see how the 543 program guide snuck in there yesterday when I set up the zenith for 3 lnb's, although I only tried that for 10 minutes.

· Registered
973 Posts
Since your receiver says call extension 721 on 509 it appears that you are no longer authorized for HBO-HD. I am affraid you might have to cancel HBO then resub to see if that brings 509 back.

· Registered
2,463 Posts
With a 721 or similar message I would ask them to deactivate you account the reauthorize it. The may have to "rehit" resend the signal a few times but I've never had to replace a card just for that kind of message.

Make sure they don't kill your card when deactivating you account as they can lock it out of the system.

dave

· Banned
17,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"they can lock it out of the system. "

There was a message about the lock at one point on 509, i think it said unlocked, but I can't recall exactly...

This is not the residential division you know...

It could be something with the Commercial department software...

They claimed to have had several complaints (most likely mine).

· Registered
2,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX
"This is not the residential division you know...

Yea! I know how that goes! I once call DirecTV to activate a demo unit and it was #35 on this list. "You have 35 demo units?" Yep!!! :D

Then they had the nerve to ask to call them back with all the correct SL and model numbers with cards. :rolleyes:

This was a number of years ago.

Dave

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.