AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this PS3 crack (my 8 yr old nephew and I are addicted
). But I can't get my fix with the psp. Having one major set-up with my PS3 in the living room hampers my playing time. Any other games like this on the PSP?

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Not really because I don't have a PSP, but I wish they would port Sid Meier's Pirates to PS3. That game is available for PSP, so you might want to check it out (though is a different game from Civilization).

I'm not sure why they didn't make one. There are limitations on input, but it should be doable. It could just be that they didn't have the budget to do versions for all platforms. Maybe they figured if they were going to make one portable version, it should be for the DS because of the touchscreen and the lack of a Wii version for Nintendo fans. However, they may still do a Wii version, so if the game is successful enough it may eventually come to the PSP.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I will check out Pirates. Not sure is if my type of game but, I will pick it up.

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
Every version of Civ Rev uses the same gameplay logic, so for each platform they have to do seperate art assets. The main versions were 360/PS3 and the DS art is simple. They didn't have the staff to do Wii art, or PSP art. If they do a Wii version, though, they probably will use that art or a variant of it for the PSP.

And honestly, there are no games like this for the PSP. Pirates is an awesome game but totally different. Meanwhile the DS has several (anno 1701, Age of Empires, Civ obviously). Do what I did, bite the bullet and get a DS.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was kind of thinking about getting a DS for Civ Rev but the reviews for it have not been kind. The AI seems to be quite frustrating in the latter part of the game.

Hopefully they'll consider a version for the PSP in the future that addresses some of the complaints.

·
Registered
Paradigm 800f, SVS PB2000 Pro
400 Posts
I don't understand why they made a DS version, but no PSP... It seems a perfect fit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/14282808

Do what I did, bite the bullet and get a DS.

My nephew has one. Have you tried to wrestle a DS from a 9 year old?

·
Registered
5,949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreen /forum/post/14287916

My nephew has one. Have you tried to wrestle a DS from a 9 year old?

No, but honestly it might be just as hard to wrestle mine from me! It's a fine system with awesome games.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgdigital /forum/post/14287854

I don't understand why they made a DS version, but no PSP... It seems a perfect fit.

The PSP has been having a lot of trouble with 3rd party development. Another reason could be because the DS has a larger install base.

If it ever does come to the PSP it will certainly be on my short list of games to get.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts