AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LG states that the thickness without the stand would just 1.3" but it is actually 2.3" because of the bottom speakers.

Is there something I don't know about the bottom speakers?

I got the slim wall mounting and now it would not work because of the sticking out bottom speakers!

Is it only me notice this issue?

Thanks,

-Mike

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Most TVs are a bit thicker at the bottom to allow for "better" speakers. Otherwise, it would be like listening to an iPod without the headphones.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But that is not the point. They cannot advertise the thickness of 1.3" and add a 2.3" speakers at the bottom and cannot be detached.

They should say the TV is 2.3" thick!

·
Registered
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec5vert  /t/1418439/disappointment-with-the-thickness-of-lg-47lm8600#post_22184823

But that is not the point. They cannot advertise the thickness of 1.3" and add a 2.3" speakers at the bottom and cannot be detached.

They should say the TV is 2.3" thick!
OK

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Well people here often complaint TVs' built-in speakers sound $&%@^ thin, so they, well stuffed in bigger speakers in there, and now..... can't win!

But yeah, sorry, is a new mount an option, maybe ezier than return TV if u happy with everything else.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr  /t/1418439/disappointment-with-the-thickness-of-lg-47lm8600#post_22184949

Fair enough, but didn't you notice that when you saw it in person?...return it.

Well, nowadays, most of us order stuff online :) I was lazy to walk to the store to check it out before ordering and this causing me a bit of problem.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Look at it this way, this is a minor problem.

Ask the people who brought home a new TV, to find out it doesn't have analog audio out to hook up to their existing receiver, now they are looking to spend another few hundreds for a new receiver.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
sounds like a first world problem to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something...

I'm considering this set...

Couldn't you still use the mount and engineer some type of shim to allow for the slightly thicker speakers?

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
One inch wider at the base is a issue??

Your kidding, how thin do you need it to be?

Get a different mount.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts