AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just playing gow 2 horde online when i got this messge so i clean the disc and it happends again later how can i fix this or do i have to exchange it its a arcade almost brand new not even a month old

·
Registered
451 Posts
I usually clean my CDs/DVDs/Game discs with windex and tissue paper. Warm soap and water works as well, just be sure the disc is completely dry before using it.

If the disc is already clean, try other discs in the xbox and see if it isn't a hardware issue.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
I've had that happen with several discs. I wasn't sure if the drive was going bad or just the disc itself. Kindof annoying when it happens, but it's been going on occassionally for the better part of a year now.

Regardless, haven't had it happen since I've started installing things to the hard drive, but that doesn't help if you don't have that option.

·
Registered
16,858 Posts
Gears 2 seems to have this issue a decent amount , not sure what is up but I know many people that get read errors once in a while with Gears 2 (and not with other disc's so it's not a hardware issue) . I get disc read errors with Gears 2 fairly often (even sometimes when playing it from the hard drive) . I think there are some questionable disc's out there .

- Jason

·
Registered
620 Posts
my Call of Duty: WaW got to the point that it was pretty unplayable. I had the box standing vertical for a few days and it scratched the hell out of the game. 3 doses of toothpaste later, and the disc plays like new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts