AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been keeping tabs on the HC4900 hoping that either a rebate would return or it would simply drop in price. I go to projector people and see this: http://www.projectorpeople.com/proje...p?itemid=23232

Quote:
Discontinued Product

We're sorry

The projector you are looking for has been discontinued. Please click the link below to go to our projectors page for the best prices on the best projectors available today, or visit our Projector Archive for user manuals and spec sheets.

Just thought I'd let you know, or maybe others can chime in if this is in error.

·
Registered
384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_BomB /forum/post/14293065

So I've been keeping tabs on the HC4900 hoping that either a rebate would return or it would simply drop in price. I go to projector people and see this: http://www.projectorpeople.com/proje...p?itemid=23232

Just thought I'd let you know, or maybe others can chime in if this is in error.

Get the 5500 instead, suppose to be a better projector.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well, that answers the question I posed in the 5500 thread. The good news, is that this is the same MSRP at which the 4900 debuted, so you might hold out hope that the do a similar rebate on the 5500.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uther /forum/post/14294727

Well, that answers the question I posed in the 5500 thread. The good news, is that this is the same MSRP at which the 4900 debuted, so you might hold out hope that the do a similar rebate on the 5500.

I would think so. The real question for many is, even if discounted, is this a better projector than the Sanyo Z2000, which is already heavily discounted. That would seem to be its main competitor right now.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the 5500 similar specs as far as zooming / shifting goes? I was really hoping to use this for CIH using the zoom method.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2 /forum/post/14294791

I would think so. The real question for many is, even if discounted, is this a better projector than the Sanyo Z2000, which is already heavily discounted. That would seem to be its main competitor right now.

Only time and professional reviews will tell, but given my personal experience with Sanyo's completely disreputable warranty service division, I would never consider them, no matter what "deal" they may have on their projectors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts