AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read on here that they have discontinued the HC1500. Any one recommend how long I should wait until I buy one. I haven't really seen the deals drop since they've made the announcement. I am hoping to find one for around $500 or is that wishful thinking. Thanks for your opinion

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could someone send me a quick PM clueing me in on how this MSN live discount works? I have tried in the past but it has never worked.

Thanks

·
Registered
329 Posts
I heard that the MSN Live discount amount fluctuates based on amount of click throughs.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
I am waiting for the price to come down as well. This will more than likely be the first HT Component I will purchase over the Internet. I contacted one of the Forum sponsors and wasn't happy with the price and now I am shopping around...

·
Registered
5,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrsMill Tiger /forum/post/14247006

Through ebay and same discount program, you can now get it for $712 shipped! Great deal that I'm VERY close to pulling the trigger on.

How? Buy.com's DT-510 fro $802.99 doesn't count for the Live.com cashback.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
You can get new hc1500 for $700 without havign to play games with live discount. Pull the trigger

·
Registered
588 Posts
BestBuy has the HC1500 on clearance for $599 right now. No reason not to... Add the warranty for another bulb and out the door for under $800.

·
Registered
329 Posts
is that instore only? I don't see it on the website.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just went to best buy and they tried to sell me their display model for $800..

they said nothing about clearance

anybody have some more info on this?

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcooper87 /forum/post/14276156

I just went to best buy and they tried to sell me their display model for $800. They said nothing about clearance. Anybody have some more info on this?

I checked today at one of the local BB, and that is the same price they offered. Where are these "$700" deals (without the live.com discount) and "$599 clearance"?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictNoVA /forum/post/14277070

I checked today at one of the local BB, and that is the same price they offered. Where are these "$700" deals (without the live.com discount) and "$599 clearance"?

Maybe the $599 deal was just the one store in MN. For the other deal, browse my posts in the Mitsubishi HC1500 threads.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I bought one today at a Best Buy for $599 (got the 4 year warranty for $189 which includes one bulb), but sure had to be persistent. I called Springfield store (75 miles away) three days ago and they said they had none. I called Fayetteville (80 miles away) and they said they had none but the computer showed two in Springfield. I called Springfield back and they disconnected me. I got in the car and drove up there, wandered through the stacks and found an HC1500 box about 30 feet high. Finally tracked down an employee and a ladder, and he was shocked to hear the price (said he was going to buy the other one tonight). These weren't in the "Magnolia Home Theater" room, but out on the general floor.

I was upgrading from a Plus Piano Projector (480p) that I've had for 5 years. Long story short, I've really agonized over this purchase, considered the SanyoPLVz2000, the Panasonic AX200, and the low cost HC1500. My heart kept saying "Go for the 1080, be a man" and my wallet kept saying "Are you sure about this? Better think hard." I sat tonight and watched "Monster's Ball" and a few hours of HDTV (Cox), and could not have been happier. The picture is fantastic, and I don't just mean "for the money" (don't you hate it when people throw that in there?)....I mean it's fantastic. I could see every one of Billy Bob Thornton's wrinkles in his craggy old face and I won't even start on Halle. I will just say she looks good when she sweats.

My plan was to get this and upgrade in a few years after the dust has settled on the new crop of 1080P. I just may hang on to this one a while longer than that, can't imagine enjoying an movie evening any more than tonight.

So.....I'll end with a message to all you folks who are struggling with this like I did. I think projector technology has come so far that 95% of us would be thrilled with any number of moderately priced 720P projectors. Thank goodness for the other 5%, they keep technology moving and they keep educating us, but don't let their sharp eyes and reviews frustrate you into overbuying.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I got this at the **** Rapids, MN Store. Date on the clearance tag was 7/5/08... Here's my receipt from the store. Go get em boys!

I'm guessing in-store only as they've pulled the SKU from the web...

·
Registered
857 Posts
Got one today in Weatherford Tx. It is showing as a clearance item. They had two more in stock.

So no, it is not confined to any one store. If BB has one in store it will show up as clearanced at $599. The manager of our BB, Chuck, held one for me overnight. Small towns are great.

I have the 1000 also and just could not pass up the 1500. After all a new bulb cost $325 to $350 depiending on where you buy it.

As mentioned above, this is a fantastic projector. Before buying the 1000, I compared it to some pretty pricy setups and it produces 95% of projectors costing 3 times as much. Projector reviews is very accurate with their comparisons of this projector.

·
Registered
12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcewin /forum/post/14280376

Got one today in Weatherford Tx. It is showing as a clearance item. They had two more in stock.

So no, it is not confined to any one store. If BB has one in store it will show up as clearanced at $599.

And I just got mine today, for $599. It was marked at $850, but I made sure to let them know other BBs are currently selling it for $599. Thanks guys for the heads up.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts