AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldnt find the answer..maybe its just me typing in the wrong question..either way...here is my question

On Discovery HD and a few others,The sides of the picture are cut off. Both my Samsung TV and Dish Network box are set to 16:9. Its also the only channels that do it which is quite anoying. Everything is set to 16:9 (no stretch modes) so Im wondering why only these few channels cut off the sides of the screen? only half the channel logo's are there. Any way to correct this?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Discovery owned networks are 1080i 16:9.

I have Comcast and have never seen any "cut off" on any of the Discovery owned channels with my Samsung TV.

I have seen a 14:9 aspect ratio which is halfway between 4:3 and 16:9 on older episodes of How its made. Which gives you smaller pillar bars on the left and right, The logo is always in the 4:3 safe zone.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
What kind of TV do you have? CRTs always have some overscan and that could be what you are seeing. If it's a Plasma, or LCD then I would have to believe you have a setting wrong somewhere and just haven't found it yet.

·
Registered
23,237 Posts
Verify that you don't have any stretch/zoom modes invoked in both the TV and/or the dish receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.