AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just emailed this to Discovery Channel. Maybe we all should let them know how we feel.

I have read that you are going to add new HD programming starting on June 17th. I also have read that this will only be available on Satellite. Will you PLEASE add this programming to Directv . I know that by having this on DTV, it will add to the number of homes that get your programming by a factor of 1000 if not more. There are a large number of people just waiting to get your shows in HD and support your advertisers who run commercials in HD on your network. You may also talk to Directv about adding the Discovery HD channel in standard definition letterbox so that ALL the viewers can see your new programming and see what they might be able to see if they were to go out and purchase new HD equipment. I hope that you consider this request. I and a large number of HD viewers will support your efforts.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
If DiscoveryHD is not on DirecTV, it won't be because of Discovery, it will be because of DirecTV. Discovery would want the channel to be on as many systems as possible.

I would suggest that any e-mails regarding this matter be sent to DirecTV, not Discovery.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
OK, I'm confused... What did you do and who were you talking to?

·
Registered
716 Posts
BeachBuggy;

Great idea but as Bill says, aimed at the wrong people. There seems to have been a lot of interest from Dish folks about having this channel, but seems less from us DirecTV'ers. We need to blitz DTV with emails about their dumb decision not to pick this channel up. This decision sucks.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.