AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished watching "Planet Earth" and I am just awestruck at the beautiful video captures of nature and the wild.

I have never seen anything like this, pure artwork in motion and watching distant lands in high def is just beautiful.

Does anyone know if discovery HD plans on releasing on any of the hd formats?

EDIT: I missed the thread about the hd dvd planet earth release, seems like it was bumped the same time I posted this, Doh!

good news nonetheless.

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the thing, is that, I was amazed by, the complexity or the nature, the wild animals pre-programmed abilities to hunt, search and find locations. I dont know how anyone can watch a film like this and not believe there is a creator behind it all.

anyhow, I saw another show, I dont know what its called, but, it was in the deep recesses of the jungle and showcased the most bizarre of birds, that have never been captured on camera, Ive never seen such beutiful and unique birds before, anyone know what show Im talking about? i dont know what it was called, if anyone knows please let me know.

IMO these if these were released on blu ray only, id go out and buy a blu ray player because of these films.

· Registered
2,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnB180 /forum/post/0

the thing, is that, I was amazed by, the complexity or the nature, the wild animals pre-programmed abilities to hunt, search and find locations. I dont know how anyone can watch a film like this and not believe there is a creator behind it all.

I fail to see how it proves there is a "creator". The complexity of nature and life started out much more simply, and over the eons evolved the natural relationships and forms we have today. That doesn't show that some magical being was behind it.

· Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapleitez /forum/post/0

I fail to see how it proves there is a "creator". The complexity of nature and life started out much more simply, and over the eons evolved the natural relationships and forms we have today. That doesn't show that some magical being was behind it.

without resorting to philisophical debates, if one were an evolutionist, you would think that, however the evolution theory is absolutely riddled with flaws, such as the missing link, cambrian explosion, and animals that exist today that defy evolution such as the giraffe for instance and how their anatomical parts work. It is absolutely impossible for the a giraffe's biology to result from evolution.

If you were also to watch the discovery show I saw with the bizzarre birds and their living habitat, I cant phathom how they were evolved. Creatures have a blue print built within their brains of what to do i.e. the emprorer penquins, how does evolution explain something like that? Only reason I can think of is memory was placed their as a blue print permanent etched, which can not be described through evolution.

would you consider memory something that can be passed on from one being to another biologically via evolution?

creatures and wildlife disproving evolution
http://www.drdino.com/articles.php?spec=114

The Gecko

They walk across walls and ceiling as though gravity didn't exist. But how? For a long while, geckos defied all attempts to explain how they could cling to any surface with no visible sign of glue or suction cups. Then, when a group of biologists and engineers studied the microscopic hairs on the toes of geckos, the answer was found. The ends of the hairs directly attach to molecules in the surface by what is called van der Waals force, a type of attraction between atoms. According to a report in Nature, scientists concluded that engineering a structure like the foot of a gecko is "beyond the limits of human technology." However, they hope that the "natural technology of gecko foot-hairs can provide biological inspiration for future design of a remarkable effective adhesive."

The Giraffe

What can compare to the unique design of the giraffe? Reaching 18 feet or more in height, the giraffe has one of the largest hearts in the animal kingdom, with nearly double the blood pressure of any creature. Indeed, when you observe the uphill climb that the blood must make to reach the top, you can see why so much pressure is needed. But what about when the giraffe lowers its head? Doesn't the blood rush to the brain with such tremendous force that it would kill the giraffe? Surely, you know how it is when you have been leaning over for awhile, and then suddenly stand up straight to feel sickeningly dizzy. How does the giraffe avoid this problem? Amazingly, the jugular blood vessels in its neck have a series of one-way check valves that hold back the blood from flowing to the brain when it lowers its head. Then, when the giraffe lifts its head again, it prevents the blood from flowing away from the brain too quickly. Also, at the base of the brain is a network of spongy tissue that soaks up any excess blood. Truly, an astounding example of plumbing technology.

and a quick search yielded some interesting articles, considering I was never informed of such data in college and high school, its only when you question why and how thingws exist will you see that evolutionary theory is severely flawed and non applicable to the existance of animals today.

quick search and found this snippet

in regards to bacterial motor propulsion. Its a real motor design(like used in cars and airplanes), that seems to be created with inelligence, not by chance evolution, Impossible to evolve and complete defies darwinism

http://www.idthefuture.com/2006/11/n...cterial_p.html
This creates a problem for the Darwinian mechanism. Natural selection preserves or "selects" functional advantages. If a random mutation helps an organism survive, it can be preserved and passed on to the next generation. Yet, the flagellar motor has no function until after all of its 30 parts have been assembled. The 29 and 28-part versions of this motor do not work. Thus, natural selection can "select" or preserve the motor once it has arisen as a functioning whole, but it can do nothing to help build the motor in the first place.

This leaves the origin of molecular machines like the flagellar motor unexplained by the mechanism-natural selection-that Darwin specifically proposed to replace the design hypothesis.

Considering evolution is a theory, there is no way any of this is observable, macro evolution is completely a theory with no proof to support its theory, however micro evolution is observable, i.e. adapting to ones environment with small changes, however macro evolution i.e. complete physical change from one animal to a completely different animal has never been observed in the history of science, however observing creatures as they are today does indeed strongly support the idea of intelligent design i.e. creator, and disproves evolutional ideologies.

· Registered
75 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnB180 /forum/post/0

It is absolutely impossible for the a giraffe's biology to result

from evolution.

If you're going to include these two statements in a post, you're going to have to prove that a giraffe's biology could not occur via natural selection.

Let's hear it.

· Registered
919 Posts
I think that some of Discovery's broadcasted stuff looks like tier 0 material, that is when its not panning and then all the macro blocks creep in. I just watched one about Bugs in the rainforest and that was just amazing. Also I watched one about a raptor getting washed away by a tidal wave onto an island, the colors were vibrant and the foliage was super sharp. Discovery is by far the Best channel to show off your HD if you don't have a HD player.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.