AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually got the discrete codes on a 617w? The Samsung USA web site shows that the only models with discrete codes are the 467 and the 567.

Jim Bell

·
Registered
689 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimBell2
Has anyone actually got the discrete codes on a 617w? The Samsung USA web site shows that the only models with discrete codes are the 467 and the 567.

Jim Bell
I'm pretty sure all new 214 or above boards have full discrete codes, regardless of model. My 437 does...

Jonathan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a HLN 467W with discrete code capability. I have a MX500, but no IR clone or other device. I downloaded the discrete codes but cannot open the file after unzipping. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to set up my remote to take advantage of this capabilility?

Thanks

·
Registered
714 Posts
Jotter is correct. My 61" w/ 214 firmware has the codes.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Hrtdr
I have a HLN 467W with discrete code capability. I have a MX500, but no IR clone or other device. I downloaded the discrete codes but cannot open the file after unzipping. Could someone give me step by step instructions on how to set up my remote to take advantage of this capability?
Hrdtr,

Your MX500 is a learning remote, but the only way to teach it new codes is to put it into learn mode and then use another remote to generate the signal you want it to learn.

You've got a couple of options for how to get discrete codes into your remote:

1) Find a friend that has a Pronto, and MX700, or some other remote that can be cabled to a PC and taught new codes via PC software programming. Use the CCF file you downloaded to teach your friends remote the HLN discrete codes. Put your MX500 into learning mode, and use your friend's remote to generate the codes one at a time.

2) Learn about the JP1 project and buy/build a JP1 setup. In this case, you'd buy an inexpensive universal remote, set up a JP1 interface between that new remote and your PC, program the new remote with the discrete codes, and then use that remote to teach your MX500 the new codes. Here's a link to info on the JP1 project JP1 Info . I haven't done this myself...others here might be able to give more specific recommendations on this approach.

3) Get a new remote. I'm only being partially facetious. I really like the MX500, but I really, really like the MX700. PC programmability makes a huge difference when it comes to setting up a complex home theater.

Hope that helps...

Greg.

·
Registered
4,598 Posts
I have a HLM617W upgraded with the new v214 board. I also have the MX500 remote. I bought an IRClone, which is how I downloaded the discrete codes to the MX500.

Everything works great. I have macros for selecting specific video inputs on the TV and their corresponding audio inputs on my surround receiver. Works great and makes the wfe happy with the ease of use.

Dean

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.