AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone learned the ON/OFF buttons on a 1080UB with a Pronto remote control? If you have, could you send me either the entire CCF file or cut and paste the hex codes from the ProntoEdit screen into a PM?

I have an Epson 6500UB on the way and am looking for Pronto IR discrete codes for ON and OFF. The 1080UB remote has both buttons but the 6500UB doesn't. I expect the 1080UB would work on the 6500UB.

Admin: I mistakenly posted this in the under $3000 forum - please delete it there.

·
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
2,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp /forum/post/15523682

Has anyone learned the ON/OFF buttons on a 1080UB with a Pronto remote control? If you have, could you send me either the entire CCF file or cut and paste the hex codes from the ProntoEdit screen into a PM?

I have an Epson 6500UB on the way and am looking for Pronto IR discrete codes for ON and OFF. The 1080UB remote has both buttons but the 6500UB doesn't. I expect the 1080UB would work on the 6500UB.

Admin: I mistakenly posted this in the under $3000 forum - please delete it there.

Ask in the "offical" threads for those projectors please

PS I am trying to be a jerk...It just keeps things in order!

Mods can u merge this? with 6500ub thread?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's OK to merge, but I started a separate thread because the official thread is so huge now that it's easy for a question to get lost.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by W3bbY /forum/post/15523984

Imagine if all new question had a new thread?

It would be easy to find the question, and new posts to it, without slogging through a thousand posts. When it got answered, people would stop posting and the thread would fade off the top page.

I'm looking for an answer, not a running argument. I'm good with whatever the the forum gods decide.

·
Mod & Bluray Reviewer
2,626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp /forum/post/15524331

It would be easy to find the question, and new posts to it, without slogging through a thousand posts. When it got answered, people would stop posting and the thread would fade off the top page.

I'm looking for an answer, not a running argument. I'm good with whatever the the forum gods decide.

Well I bet if you asked in the official thread you might find out.

or use the search function. its nifty.

Sorry to try to be helpfull to you AND the forum. It wasnt meant to be an argument, I was pointing out something that has been pointed out to me and to many others time and time again.

good luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp /forum/post/15523682

There are not discrete ON/OFF buttons for the 6500. There is just one Power button. I used my Pronto and "Learned" the IR code for the power. It is...

900D 006D 0000 0002 8355 906F 8355 906F

To turn the projector off, you have to send 2 of these back to back (it has a prompt when you press it once that you have to press Power again to turn it off).

The IR issue that I haven't figured out yet is how to send IR codes to load a specific saved memory settings. There is just a memory button on the remote and it brings up a menu of your saved settings. You have to arrow up or down to the appropriate one. The problem is that when you up/down arrow it loops around at the top or bottom of the list. This makes it hard to pre-program a macro to land on the correct memory setting you want to restore. If you have any ideas on this, I would certainly appreciate!

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks ossiman. The power button(s) seem to be the only functional difference between the 1080 and 6500 remotes; the 1080 has ON/OFF and the 6500 just has the one power button as you said. I'm guessing that the ON and OFF codes from the 1080 will work on the 6500. It's not unusual for manufacturers to have the toggle on the remote but still accept discrete codes.

Does anybody have Pronto learned ON and OFF codes from an Epson 1080UB to test my theory?

·
Registered
7,006 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp /forum/post/15525739

Thanks ossiman. The power button(s) seem to be the only functional difference between the 1080 and 6500 remotes; the 1080 has ON/OFF and the 6500 just has the one power button as you said. I'm guessing that the ON and OFF codes from the 1080 will work on the 6500. It's not unusual for manufacturers to have the toggle on the remote but still accept discrete codes.

Does anybody have Pronto learned ON and OFF codes from an Epson 1080UB to test my theory?

Power Off for the 1080UB (using the Harmony data base for the 1080UB) does nothing with the 6500UB.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I guess that's that!

Thanks Ron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts