AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are discrete power On/OFF commands for the Sony Ruby? OUt of the box, you need to hit the power toggle twice to turn it off. SO i wonder if i can get discrete commands for it for automation.

Anyone know if they exist (Sony VPL-VW100).

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts
URC has discrete on/off in their pre-programmed database. I was using them successfully with my Ruby and MX3000.

____

Axel

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i found it. I currently use both a global cache and a URC. But i use a cheap harmony for some programming and i found the discretes as suggested on the harmony list.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrockwater /forum/post/15603941

I think i found it. I currently use both a global cache and a URC. But i use a cheap harmony for some programming and i found the discretes as suggested on the harmony list.

Thanks!

Slightly OT, but since you mentioned Global Cache and URC. I am looking for a way to control a URC MSC-400 through a Global Cache. I was wondering if you had any pointers for me.

Thanks!

_____

Axel

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am sorry but I am not familiar with the URC device. I use the Global Cache to control my 400 dvd changer via the serial control. And i use the IR emitters to control some components for home automation. Mostly it just gets used for DVDLobby use (DVD management software).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turns out the codes i found are not correct. I finally found a CCF file on the RemoteCentral site that is working for the discrete power commands which is great. BUt i cannot for the life of me find the CCF HEX code for the INPUTS (HDMI, etc.).

So if anyone can help point me in the right direction i would appreciate it. I am trying to find the actual hex code, or, pronto (using prontoedit) CCF files that have the code....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts