AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Don't even get KenL started on this one. Any that have used both over a period of time can't help but notice the difference in approach.

Well see how the public takes to it as it continues to develop. :)

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Yep, so far the public is about 100 to 1 against you KenL, we will have to see how this changes now that Sonic Blue is in retail.

/carmi

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
"Call it the DVR War, the battle over which company -- TiVo or Sonicblue, the maker of the ReplayTV -- will come to dominate the future of digital video recorders..."

Interesting article, but apparently the author is unaware of claims by Charlie Echostar that his company has rolled out more PVR's than anyone else (or maybe the author regards that information as false and/or ludicrous)

·
Registered
678 Posts
How about a ReplayTV rebel yell against the powers that be and that sneaky other brand which calls itself a four letter word and is probably still number two in terms of total users!

There are big philosophical differences between the two SA makers. It's doubtful ReplayTV will become the SA category leader but we may be treated to interesting times ahead.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TomCat
Interesting article, but apparently the author is unaware of claims by Charlie Echostar that his company has rolled out more PVR's than anyone else (or maybe the author regards that information as false and/or ludicrous)
Charlie has made various claims, but never released any numbers. I would love to know what his numbers actually are, I would hope that if he releases them, it will be how many are in use (that is are subscribed).

/carmi

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I think many are getting the message after being hit over the head so many times. Be sure to see this one .

"Because the company cares less about the people who use its products than it does about the huge media combines with which it's trying to strike deals."

It will be interesting to see how the public reacts to having such different choices available.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Umm, did somebody call? I really don't see myself taking on Sonic Blue myself. They're a big company, with lots more money than me. I'm pretty tough, and can fight fairly well, but I'm sure somebody there can kick my behind.

What? They spelled it with a ...PHY?

Nevermind. :eek:

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL
It will be interesting to see how the public reacts to having such different choices available.
So far the public has decided about 100 to 1 against Sonic Blue. Now that RePlayTV is at Good Guys etc. it will be interesting to see what the public does.

/carmi

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Oh man... first the public votes "100 to 1 against KenL", next thing you know it's "100 to 1 against Sonic Blue"? Don't know where he is coming up with these polls? Must be some online AOL survey?

Sonic Blue = KenL?

Well hey KenL will sure take it!! :cool::cool:

But tell you what... majortom may hope against hope the public will come down "100 to 1" against Auto Commercial Advance but I somehow doubt it... once they see it in action. Bet it ends up the other way around: the public is "100 to 1" against dull commercials, especially mandatory? :mad:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Before reading this article, I was neutral about TiVo and preferred Replay. I am a bit surprised that tivo says that FF through commercials is good enough technology.

"Replay can make all the noise it wants, but in the end when people have (TiVo) in their homes, fast forwarding through the ads at 60 times normal speed (as TiVo allows) is fine for people. It's a very acceptable way to use the product," Baer said.

FF and CA are not the same. Although tivo does have better conflict resolution, dual tuners, and Directivo, CA is a killer app for me.

I also like that Baer said that FF is acceptable. Is Baer implying that CA is not? Hmmm.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by KenL

Sonic Blue = KenL?

Well hey KenL will sure take it!! :cool::cool:

OK, I think I can handle KenL. Should we start AVS Forum Celebrity Boxing? I'll donate my share to Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.

;)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Philosofy
...Should we start AVS Forum Celebrity Boxing? ;)
Hey isn't that the ReplayTV & Showstopper PVRs forum? :D

·
Registered
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RandyL712
Manute “RandyL712†Bol versus William “KenL†Perry
HEY!!! I get first dibs! (I just have to get some high top leather boxing boots so my ankles don't get bit.)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Naah, my ankles are just fine. So, KenL, are we going to have straight up boxing, or Ulitmate Fighting rules?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.