AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently am receiving Dish programming via my 6000 with OTA 8VSB, and would like to add a second dish to receive the HBO/Showtime HD channels. I do not have a line of sight to the 61.5 sat and am wondering if the 148 sat will work here in Houston.

I emailed Dish some time back on this subject and they informed that the signal strength from the 148 would not work here.

On Dish Tech Chat on Monday, a comment was made that the 148 would work west of the Mississippi River.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Can I obtain the second dish by virtue of the local nets 61.5 program?

Dennis

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
I get the 61.5 great here in Los Angeles. I am 58 degrees west of the 61.5 satellite. New Orleans is actually 58 degrees east of the 148 satellite so in Houston you should have no problem. Houston is further south than L.A. so that makes it even easier.

Rick R

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tried to get the 148 in Kingwood with no luck. The elevation is so low that I think you would need to live in an area void of all trees for this to work in Houston. I too thought I had no line of sight to 61.5. After giving up on 148 I swung that dish around and got a signal! I moved the dish around the yard a little and found a spot that gets over 100 on the signal meter. You would never guess it to look at the dish, it's pointing into nothing but trees...you just never know. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.