AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone has both of these? im talking about the samsungs DLP or the sony LCD GWIII with the 301 SDTV signal from dish, how's the pictured? thanks in advanced

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
The 301 is the most basic receiver which Dish Network makes; there is no digital audio output, but there is an S-Video output. I have not used a 301 on my GWIII, but I have used a 508, which should provide more or less the same video output.

The GWIII (LCD RPTV) is very good for viewing standard definition content, at least if its running in "Pro" mode and is reasonably tweaked. The material of course suffers even when displayed in OAR, simply because SD was never really made for such a large TV. However, it is watchable as long as you aren't a die-hard videophile (but if you were, why wouldn't you get the 811 instead?).

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the Samsung HLN5065 with a Dish301 receiver connected via S-video. As mentioned in other threads, SD material is not this set's strong point. It's watchable, but the amount of compression in the sat signal just gets magnified on a larger screen and degrades the PQ with all kinds of varying errors, even between channels. I think the SD-feed picture stinks, but I'm pretty picky. This set shines with DVI input signals which is what I use it for primarily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.