AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, i am trying to decide which of these units to get for a second reciver to go along with 6000. I need another reciver for second tv, PIP, and to use with my stand alone Tivo, which i already have(so i dont want 500 reciver). I would appreciate any help in this descion.

thanks........

·
Registered
943 Posts
Do the remotes look alike.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Both the 4900 and 301 have the 'bule button'. So yes, the remotes look the same, the 4900 is UHF and 301 is IR.

Steve

·
Registered
943 Posts
Are the online tv schedules the same also. Any other differences than UHF remote and DD 5.1. Please help, if you are familiar with these receivers. I am looking for a second receiver also.

Jerry

·
Registered
70 Posts
If you plan on using the receiver with a SA TiVo, I would recommend the DP301. You do not need or want a UHF receiver for the SA TiVo. The DP301 would allow a better interface.

I have a DP301. The EPG and GUI are much faster than those of the former platform E* receivers. My main complaint is the PIP feature of the EPG. It takes a long time to download information into the guide, and until it does, the PIP feature of the program guide is not available. As a result, I ended up turning off the PIP feature.

·
Registered
22 Posts
John H: A quick question

Quote:
If you plan on using the receiver with a SA TiVo, I would recommend the DP301. You do not need or want a UHF receiver for the SA TiVo. The DP301 would allow a better interface
Would you give the same advice if the DD 5.1 output of the 4900 could be handled by the TiVO? I ask because I plan to use the 4922 with a Replay 4000 (once the 4000 is out) and was hoping that I could use the Replay's EPG while still having the 4922's DD 5.1 surround sound (on the channels that broadcast 5.1).

Thanks,

GregoryK

·
Registered
735 Posts
Anyone wanna start a new thread to compare bananas to watermelons? :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
The 4900 is both IR AND UHF.

They work fine with TiVo (and Replay).

My MIL (Mother in Law) uses the similair 4700 with no problems at all.

You will be able to use the DD output when watching the 4900 directly, but not when watching a Replay recording or watching thru the Replay unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.