Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 into 1 switch

I have a Dish 500 system that needs a new 2 into 1 switch.

Will the spiltters Home Depot, Radio Shack etc sells work the same as a Dish net switch?

They are about half the price. Thanks

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
No - - Dishnetwork switch are very specific to them - You should be able to find what you need at www.dishdepot.com or even calling Dish themselves.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
A SW21 should cost about $30. Being a smaller switch, it's quite inexpensive compared to other E* switches.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers. Do you know what would make this switch go bad?? Seems weird a splitter could go bad. I'm not getting any signal from the 119 bird, switched lnb's and they seem fine.

Put new cables on the Dish, Cleaned contact wires etc. Only thing left points at the switch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Mehs
A SW21 should cost about $30. Being a smaller switch, it's quite inexpensive compared to other E* switches.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
The switch is not a splitter. In includes an electronoic relay and computer circuitry to interpret and respond to the toggle command, so it should not be surprising that it might fail.

I take it that you can get 119 signal from a direct connection to the 119 LNB and 110 signal from a direct connection to the 110 LNB. You might want to try the "check switch" regimin one more time before buying a new switch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.