Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new here.

A question.

Since the Dish Network 5000 w/ HDTV Modulator is converting the satellite signal to Channel 3 thru the RF connector as if it it was a ATSC signal, Could I connect it directly to the antenna input of a Mitsubishi 55950 with intergrated HDTV receiver and record thru the firewire port to a JVC 3000 DVHS recorder. In doing this bypassing the need of the Panasonic DVHS and STB.

Am I correct in this?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
The 5000/modulator is used for this purpose with a variety of OTA tuners. I have no doubt it will work with the Mits.

Whether the JVC 30k will record thru the firewire is another matter. If it successfully records the other OTA channels then it will record chan 3 from the Dish modulator.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by gridleak
The 5000/modulator is used for this purpose with a variety of OTA tuners. I have no doubt it will work with the Mits.

Whether the JVC 30k will record thru the firewire is another matter. If it successfully records the other OTA channels then it will record chan 3 from the Dish modulator.
It works just fine. 5000/HDTV Mod -> Panny DST50 -> JVC 30K via Firewire -> perfect recording of HBO/Showtime/etc.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry G
It works just fine. 5000/HDTV Mod -> Panny DST50 -> JVC 30K via Firewire -> perfect recording of HBO/Showtime/etc.
I was referring to the Mitsubishi 55950, not the DST50, in that equation.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Quote:
I have not been able to get the dst 50 or 51 to work with the JVC 30KU, 30K, or 35K.

I understand that it is possible but is a hassle to accomplish.

bb

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It's not all that bad. The key is setting the JVC "power saver mode" to off so that the firewire stays active when power is off. It takes some bus resets (unplugging the DST50 from power) to get the 50 to recognize the JVC, but once it does it stays hooked fairly well. It's never quite as solid as the HD1000 connection, but it's definitely usable.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Oops. I misinterpreted what you were saying.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Quote:
It's not all that bad. The key is setting the JVC "power saver mode" to off so that the firewire stays active when power is off. It takes some bus resets (unplugging the DST50 from power) to get the 50 to recognize the JVC, but once it does it stays hooked fairly well. It's never quite as solid as the HD1000 connection, but it's definitely usable.
I can now reliably record from the DST50 to the JVC 30K every time I try, including timer recordings. I've never had to unplug either unit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.