AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are great deals on the 6023 system and separately on the 501 Pause TV system, but nothing on a combo of the two that I can find.

Does anyone know of a good deal (for a new subscriber)that would get the 6000 and the 501 receivers plus dishes, etc., all in one pkg.?

Thanks.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dagman,

Even at the prices on those sites they are still more than buying the two systems separate (as a new subscriber).

I was hoping for even better deals for a combined 6000 plus 501 system than buying them separate, but I guess not.

Appreciate your help.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
19 Posts
For current DirecTV subscribers, DishDepot just added a 501/6023 combo package for $469 with the DirecTV equipment trade-in. The package description seems to be missing the 18" dish required for HDTV. It's either an omission or the 18" multisat DTV dish works with Dish. I'm trying to get that clarified right now, but otherwise I'm jumping in.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Toyman,

I guess I'm left out of that special, since I have no

Directv equip.

Thanks.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Quote:
Even at the prices on those sites they are still more than buying the two systems separate (as a new subscriber).
Are you trying to purchase two separate systems both at new subscriber prices? Both will require programming commitments and it will cost you more in the long run.

-Robert

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts

Originally posted by rlj5242:
Quote:
Are you trying to purchase two separate systems both at new subscriber prices? Both will require programming commitments and it will cost you more in the long run.
Robert is right. You only get "spiffed" one. Basically the 501 or 6000 is a "slave" at that point. You can't even get the two specials seperately unless at seperate addresses.

BTW you are still getting a GREAT deal with the DishDepot (great folks) or other vendors.

Tim

·
Registered
19 Posts
From reading some posts in this and other DSS related newsgroups, it seems like some folks were taking web ads to Sears and having them pricematch without the programming commitment (even though the web vendors required it). Then, it is possible to get great deals on multiple receivers. However, Sears seems to have caught on and are now opening up a fraud investigation. DishDepot's combo package was the best price that I could find.

Also, Sears.com sells a JVC version of the 8VSB OTA module for the 6000 receiver for just $99. This seems like the best price I could find for the add-on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
jim story: check out blockbuster, you can get a directv system with no programming commitment for $9.99. To get the trade in deal, you need a copy of a current bill from directv, so just sign up and then cancel as soon as you get your first bill. Total cost will be about $30 i think.

toyman: you might want to check out allsat.com, they will pricematch anyone, so you might be able to get the same deal on the 501/6023 combo from them. The advantage is that they will also sell you the 8vsb for $99 if you tell them about the sears deal, so you can get everything from one place.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mchurchm,

I checked Blockbuster's web site, nothing there about Directv, I'll call the local store and see if they have info on the 9.99 deal.

Thanks.

------------------

Jim Story

Live long and Prosper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.